Corsair Community

LL 120 Fans Flickering

eagle23

Hi, i have a problem with the LL120 Set. It seems that when the fans only connected to the FAN Hub everything works fine. But when connect the HUB to the Lighting Node with the USB Header to the mainboard than the fans begin flickering. I also have one fan where only 2/3 are colored and 1/3 is not working.

When connecting the Fan with only 2/3 working on FAN1 then the other FANs not working. Looks like i have two different problems. A defect FAN and the flickering when connected to the Mainboard

Flickering is the same like here in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=931430

Flickering appears also when disconnecting the bad fan.

is it possible to RMA only the one defect fan directly to corsair or must i send them back complete to my reseller ?

That ... I can't tell you. Honestly don't know. We'd have to have Corsair chime in on that one.

Waiting for your results ...

Also ... are the specific effects where this happens more frequently than others?

Hi, i have a problem with the LL120 Set. It seems that when the fans only connected to the FAN Hub everything works fine. But when connect the HUB to the Lighting Node with the USB Header to the mainboard than the fans begin flickering. I also have one fan where only 2/3 are colored and 1/3 is not working.

When connecting the Fan with only 2/3 working on FAN1 then the other FANs not working. Looks like i have two different problems. A defect FAN and the flickering when connected to the Mainboard

Flickering is the same like here in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=931430

Flickering appears also when disconnecting the bad fan.

EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE as me but with 6 SP120 fans

this is not a fan fault, but a problem with the node box, still havent found a resolution yet dont think i will either. already had corsair send me a new node box and its still happening.

• 1 month later...
I am having the same issue with Both Corsair LL120 & 140 fans now flickering. The problem just started a few days ago (Fans been installed 45 days without issues) and i'm unsure as of why. I've disconnected and reconnected all SATA / Fan Hubs and the problem persists. It happens whether i'm idling windows or gaming. It seems that when I have Corsair LINK window Open on the screen the problem dissipates.. But unsure why. I've updated all software and reinstalled the software as well. Really don't want to have to replace these as they are expensive. :(:

I am having the same issue with Both Corsair LL120 & 140 fans now flickering. The problem just started a few days ago (Fans been installed 45 days without issues) and i'm unsure as of why. I've disconnected and reconnected all SATA / Fan Hubs and the problem persists. It happens whether i'm idling windows or gaming. It seems that when I have Corsair LINK window Open on the screen the problem dissipates.. But unsure why. I've updated all software and reinstalled the software as well. Really don't want to have to replace these as they are expensive. :(:

Let me make sure that I understand this ... when Link is open, your lights are fine. When Link is minimized, they flicker?

Sounds like a priority issue with the software. But that's odd as the lights should be controlled via the Link service, not the UI.

Noticed this problem started recently for me also.

If i have a static or simple colour pattern, things are fine.

If i try Rainbow wave pattern, then the problem occurs, at random intervals.

The LEDs flicker on and off, occasionally reset their pattern / pattern goes out of sync

• 2 months later...
This might not work for everyone but did for me. Corsair link and Corsair Utility both stared up on my PC and stared making my fans flicker. So uninstall Corsair link and restart computer, then reinstall Corsair Link but this time DO NOT LET IT START UP. after you're computer is up and running then turn on Corsair link I also pin Corsair Link to Taskbar. I hope this helps.:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a solution!

Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:

- Close iCue

- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.

- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties

- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

I found a solution!

Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:

- Close iCue

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

Uhhhh ... you do realize that the Corsair Service is what does system monitoring and actually communicates with the fans?

I'm guessing that iCue is starting it for you.

Restarting would likely do the same thing. Which is interesting.

Anyone find a solution yet?

I just bought 6 LL120 fans and have them along with 4 LED strips connected to the Nopro - get flickering on the fans every other boot up. If I reboot the syetm, it goes away?

No issues with LED strips at all. Connections to the nopro is fine. Definitely a software issue - running the latest CUE

Try restarting the Corsair Service. It'll be in the services applet.

Note that sometimes you'll need to shut down iCue as well. Sometimes you don't. Not sure why that is ... but if the service won't respond to shutdown, exit iCue, then restart.

Seems it would be quicker to just reboot my system (only takes a few seconds).

I'll give it a try next time... but I'm assuming this won't fix the issue permanently? Will this be fixed in the next CUE release?

FYI - I'm running the latest firmware for the nopro too - I even did a force update, just in case.

Try restarting the Corsair Service. It'll be in the services applet.

Note that sometimes you'll need to shut down iCue as well. Sometimes you don't. Not sure why that is ... but if the service won't respond to shutdown, exit iCue, then restart.

OK... so restarting corsair service stopped the flickering, but I noticed the back and forward buttons on my Glaive no longer worked when CUE is running?! If I exited CUE, the buttons would function again *sigh*

I've uninstalled CUE 3.2.87 completely and downloaded the previous version, along with Link. I can't have an unstable RGB app affect the performance of my PC.

I found a solution!

Fix:

- Close iCue

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

This worked for me. Thank you for the solution, I don't know if its permanent but I'm happy with it for now.:D::D::D::D:

I found a solution!

Fix:

- Close iCue

- Click Apply

- Reopen iCue

Thanks for this workaround. While it is not a solution (as this is still beta iCue) as I have been repairing the iCue install but it resumes flickering after every reboot/restart.

This not only happens with LL120 fans but LL140 as well. It also start about a week after I completed my setup and upgraded to the current iCue version.

My specs for fan connection: 1 x LL120 and 2 x LL140 into the RGB Fan LED Hub 1-3. The Hub is connected to CoPro LED 1. The fans PWM are connected to CoPro 1-3.

I have 3 RGB strips into 2 Lighting NoPro's that are unaffected. These NoPros are the ones that came with the LL120 x3 and LL140 x2 fan packs.

Yeah it is most definitely iCUE. Here is a video I uploaded on YouTube of it flickering after opening icue, then stops when I close it.

I close iCUE at the 17 second mark.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I really hope they fix this on the next version.

• 1 month later...

More or less an similar problem with my fans.

6 Fans, 1x 120mm and 5x140mm.

It looks the 120mm and the last 140mm getting out of sync sporadically in my case.

And that without any software installed, fresh installation. No Corsair Software on the disc.

It seems it is a problem with the device itself it seems.

Maybe the device gets problems to sync them correctly because of the different diameter sizes?

Could be some issue with the firmware of the device itself in that case.

Front fans are fine, the first 140mm seems also fine. But when it starts to flow over to the last 140mm and the 120mm, it gets "confused" in some cases and resets these fans.

That would be my guess. Because both fans have to be synct with their LEDs a bit different?

But my case is a bit different than the one from the video above.

It is quite less annoying and only sporadically with the 6th and/or the 5th and the 6th fan.

The setting is the default color cycle, because no software is installed to adjust it, like i said.

First i thought it could also be that the timing gets out of sync if the motherboard components are busy, like the CPU etc, and has to handle some I/O stuff. So the USB Lanes would be affected too and the device+software can't handle it correctly and tries to bypass that? (So if you start the iCUE software that will be enough "load" on the connection and/or the device to get this out of sync problem?)

Archived