Corsair Community

Void Wireless charging question

whiteninjazx6r

So I plugged in my new headset for the first time. Didnt connect it to my PC first, just wanted to charge it overnight then do the rest in the AM. When I plugged it in...nothing happened for at least 5 minutes. So I tried turning them on. The earcup logos just cycle through all the colors and eventually the infomic LED lit Amber. The manual states that the earcups light up different colors depending on battery level while charging. Not for me. Just rainbow. So I plugged in the USB Dongle, installed CUE, made sure everything is up to date. I disabled a custom lighting effect just to make sure it wasnt overriding the charging LED setup. So, with the headset on...I get ZERO indicator of charging status on the headset itself...the software does say CHARGING however. Now, when I turn the headset off, and then plug them in nothing happens for a minute or so, then just the mic LED lights up...but no Earcup LED effect. It would be nice if the earcup LEDs lit up and showed charging status like it claims its supposed to do. Anyone able to shed some light on this? It just seems like they arent doing what they are supposed to.

Thanks!

Well, I'll stick with these until close to the return period ends...but unless they are greatly improved...ill be trying you're Logitech G933. It seems better in every way other than the driver size and the price tag. But honestly, the sound quality, especially bass, is pretty weak on the void

Sad, I usually rave about Corsair products. They seem to have taken done unfortunate shortcuts with these.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I'll stick with these until close to the return period ends...but unless they are greatly improved...ill be trying you're Logitech G933. It seems better in every way other than the driver size and the price tag. But honestly, the sound quality, especially bass, is pretty weak on the void

Sad, I usually rave about Corsair products. They seem to have taken done unfortunate shortcuts with these.

have you solucionated this problem? i have the same problem, not charge and rainbow lights, not battery level indicator

did you have usb connector plugged into the pc while you whjere charging, there are some bugs but if you charge with wall plug and not usb port as that is only 500ma, i noticed mine not charging properly all i done was charge overnight being plugged into the wall, no issues at all i have version 31 if anyone was wondering

• 1 year later...

I realize that this is an old thread, but I figured it would be better to just use this thread instead of creating a new thread asking the same questions. Basically does the above responses still apply today? My firmware version is 32.09 and my initial charge has been going for over 4 hours and it is still pulsing in amber.

Also, is 32.09 still the latest firmware for RGB wireless VOID? I have the black/carbon one. I don't think that matters, but there it is.

• 1 year later...

Thread revival, because I was having the same issue. For the lonest time, my headset was charging from a wall adapter and was stellar. Then, I redid some of my wiring and plugged the charger into a USB on the back of my desktop, and the headset wasn't charging past 17%. Plugged back into a wall adapter and it's charging properly this time.

Long story short- For best results, use a USB wall adapter to charge the VOID headsets

39.02 is still latest firmware right now

Archived