Corsair Community

Soltek K8AV2-RL & Corsair XMS PC3200LL

Ixon

I have 2 x512mb of Corsair XMS PC3200LL v1.1 BH-5 sticks and Im having real problems trying to get this memory to run at 400mhz on this Athlon 64 Motherboard. I've tried all the usual things like upping the Dimm Voltage to 2.7 & 2.8V, setting TRCD from 2 to 3 ect ect to no avail. It will only let me install windows without the errors if I set the memory at 333Mhz. I've installed the lastest bios for this Soltek mobo which is 1.4RL still same problem won't let me run the memory stable at 400Mhz. Now I know there is nothing wrong with my memory as Im happily running it at 400Mhz on my ASUS K8V Deluxe with timings of 2-3-2-6-11-16 @ 2.8v thou it will run happily with the TRCD set to 2 just I set it to 3 for that little bit more extra stability. :D: Any ideas RamGuy why it won't let me run my memory at 400Mhz on this Soltek motherboard I have. Oh the Athlon 64 is the 1mb cache version with C0 stepping I bought it from launch last September.

• Corsair Employee
I would check for new bios! If the memory will run in another MB but not the one you want it to run in, I am sorry but there is little I can do to fix a MB or bios! I would be happy to RMA your modules for you, but XMS3200LL Rev 1.1 is no longer available and you would get a later revision that would be set to run at Cass 2-3-2-6! Personally I would keep what you have as long as they run at the speeds in another system. Not to mention the memory is about $300.00 verses about $100.00 for the MB! But if you like we will be happy to replace your modules if you want to try that! Please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them!

• 2 weeks later...
I have had exactly the same problem. Started off with Twinx 1024 3200C2, that failed miserably in this board, mass mem test errors. Replaced it with XMS 3200 v3.1 which would do a full run of memtest on relaxed settings but the system would still lockup crash ext - Super PI on 32M would pick up the problem straight away as its a fairly ram intensive benchmark. We might have to go to a different brand of ram or something at this stage which is sad as I really wanted to use corsair. INterestingly I had a similar problem about a year or so ago with a Nforce2 IGP board refusing to work with GEiL ram (am I allowed to say the G word in here?) - anyway they sent me scitec 333ram which worked but scitec's 400 ram didnt work? Ended up with Elixr ram which worked. Very annoying. Since corsair is a "premium" brand I reckon it would be great if they could approach manufacturers and provide them with samples of their ram for testing so that problems like this can be sorted before the person buys the board. In this day and age we should be having less problems like this.

• Corsair Employee
These modules should not be a problem with this MB! Just make sure that you get the correct modules! Some that are having trouble got our registered modules which are not compatible with this MB is the only problem I have heard about other than maybe some with a bad module or CPU! In addition, testing the modules in another system would be a good place to start as well!

Archived