Corsair Community

iCUE is just eating my CPU for breakfast

Dayglorange

I've been noticing that when running iCUE (even in the background), my CPU usage is nearly at 50% sometimes when I'm doing almost nothing, and when I try to play games it jumps up to 100% and stays there, oftentimes causing my gameplay to stutter and stuff. The only culprit seems to be iCUE - all the iCUE processes total to about 15-25% of my CPU usage. iCUE itself sits around 8% on average though it fluctuates anywhere from 5% up to 11% or more. Corsair.service seems to hover around 5% but sometimes gets up as high as 8%. Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote stays right around 6% or so. This is frustrating. I killed all the Corsair services and just ran with my hardware profiles while playing tonight, and my CPU never stayed maxed like it would when iCUE was running.

I am currently running the following: 3 HD120 fans, 2 HD140 fans, and 4 RGB light strips via Lighting Node Pro; ST1000 Headset stand and Void Wireless RGB headset; K95 RGB Platinum keyboard; Scimitar Pro RGB mouse and MM800 RGB Polaris mousepad; and though it doesn't connect to iCUE I also have a Hydro series H60 120mm CPU cooler.

Really, I'm at a loss. While I can probably live with just running hardware profiles if it comes to that, my entire system is basically built around Corsair peripherals and cooling now and being able to control all my stuff from iCUE has been nice. If there's anything I can do to fix this I'm willing to try it.

EDIT: I just checked on my laptop, and iCUE doesn't use hardly ANY CPU resources at all, even with the demo devices enabled. I've only got a Dark Core RGB connected to my laptop. Both my computers are running the latest version of iCUE.

Most of the high CPU usage complaints we see at this point relate to specific devices. The most common is software control of the RGB memory, but I don't see that on your list. It's not the fans and light strips. We all have those. K95P and Scimitars are plentiful without these complaints. My MM800 can be quirky, but this is not something I have experienced and you are way past the normal usage load. Try disconnecting the ST1000. It seems to be the unknown item at this point. If it does not work, you could selectively move down to USB chain from MM800 to mouse to keyboard and see if/when it drops.

Unplugging my headset stand seems to drop it a bit, but I haven't had the chance to play with unplugging other devices yet. If its just the headset stand, I can probably live without that when I'm playing games and just plug my headset into a different port on my tower instead (I was using the port on the stand for the dongle and the other port for the charging cord to my headset). Ideally I wish everything just, like...cooperated with me lol this is just another thing in an endless string of seemingly minor problems with this computer for me that have added up to a whole lotta me wanting to build a new one even though its not even 5 years old yet...

I don't think there is a solution for this, I have the same problem, and our setups are totally different. Devs arent answering, and corsair support is useless.

I think this is related to software control. What other app do you have using RGB or lights?

I only have iCue since everything I have that's RGB is Corsair. I'm trying to see if I can write a Powershell script to kill all the Corsair processes and bind it to one of my Elgato stream deck buttons, and then another to restart them. That's about the only thing I can think to do other than try to dig down into iCue itself and figure something out. I just don't have time with midterms and stuff to do much :sigh!:

Archived