Corsair Community

Future SSD Plans?

whynotv2

i was wondering if anyone has heard if Corsair is planning on offering a larger variety of physical sizes, connection types and speeds for their SSDs? More specifically, 1.8" ZIF SLC type for use in netbooks without having to mod the internal dimensions of your netbook to fit the drive.

I love Corsair system memory and was excited to hear about the SSD especially since I've been eyeballing the offerings by Mtron, but not purchased due to unfamiliarity with that company. I'd love to buy a Corsair 128GB (or more) 1.8" ZIF-type SLC for my HP 1000 if one is made :)

Thanks.

thanks for the response :)

Edit: Meh. Newegg online help said "Thank you for your waiting. We are sorry but we do not carry this item at this time. We currently do not have any information on the availability of this item. We will post this item on our website if or when it becomes available."

Oh well. Waiting game.

MBP = macbook pro. my friend and i use them as primary machines for software development, hence the need for speedier drives. :D

RE: Firmware updates - Thanks for responding. My understanding is that Samsung will only release them to you guys and not directly to the public...but that they are released. If it's not needed and just plain works then that's even better!

• Corsair Employee
We are using the Samsung drives and I am not sure if the Firmware we have is the same as the Samsung released drives but I am sure our Engineering team will monitor this and do updates as needed they have pretty aggressive with these drives and working with Samsung on a daily basis.

Archived