Corsair Community

My Review of the M90 Mouse

adrean2land

I've had my M90 mouse for over two months now, so i feel pretty comfortable stating my opinion about this product.

The mouse is one of the best out there.You do have to jump through a few hoops to get it working properly though (I'm talking about the software here).

The mouse is quite comfortable to hold.The weight along the mouse feels just right.The coating is awesome and it helps when gripping the mouse.The left and right clicks feel awesome.The build quality of the mouse is top notch.

What ruins this mouse is: THE SIDE BUTTONS.

Now i know that this is an MMO mouse and it's not meant for FPS gaming, but this mouse is also advertised as an RTS mouse, which it is not!

The side buttons are stiff and are really hard press.Trying to use this mouse in BF3 or SC2 literally means that you're gonna get wrecked, big time.Also you can reach some of the buttons but definitely not all of them.Maybe 6 well-placed buttons would have been better..

All in all, this is a good mouse if your not an FPS/RTS gamer, or if you don't use the side buttons for gaming.For me, I have developed the habit of using the side buttons for gaming with my g9 mouse.And even though the g9, in terms of comfort, tracking, feel, doesn't even come close to the M90, it offers better functionality for me, which is a shame, cuz the M90 could have been perfect.

I'm waiting for a revision 2 or a successor of the M90 with all these issues addressed and maybe with a clicky scroll wheel (one that clicks when scrolling - really useful when switching weapons in bf3).

The mouse is quite comfortable to hold.The weight along the mouse feels just right.The coating is awesome and it helps when gripping the mouse.The left and right clicks feel awesome.The build quality of the mouse is top notch.

True enough, but after 6 months of intense use, the coating is starting to wear off.

What ruins this mouse is: THE SIDE BUTTONS.

Now i know that this is an MMO mouse and it's not meant for FPS gaming, but this mouse is also advertised as an RTS mouse, which it is not!

The side buttons are stiff and are really hard press.Trying to use this mouse in BF3 or SC2 literally means that you're gonna get wrecked, big time.Also you can reach some of the buttons but definitely not all of them.Maybe 6 well-placed buttons would have been better.

I had to start using kind of hybrid grip, between a palm and claw grip to make all the buttons easily available. I think that once I got used to it, all buttons were easily accessible. However, you are right in saying that some of the buttons are a little hard to press, more specifically buttons 12 and 13. But I think the problem is more with the shape of the buttons. Corsair should have avoided incurving buttons 12 and 13, more so because the incurvation (I'm not english) is not in the direction of the button press. The shape of these buttons makes you think that you should press down on them, while in thrut you should press in.

• 1 month later...

I have another complaint to address. The DPI buttons at the top of the mouse are even stiffer. Heck, whenever I try to reduce the DPI for sniping, I just lose my concentration and grip and miss the target.

Also,, it would be really beneficial to add a third button at the top beside the right click. I've been using the G700 for 5 weeks now and the top three buttons come in really handy in SC2 and WC3 when trying to select a sub team or even a building at the beginning of the game, or select a hero in WC3. It saves you a decent amount of time and concentration spent on those tasks, and improves your micro.

• Corsair Employee
I have another complaint to address. The DPI buttons at the top of the mouse are even stiffer. Heck, whenever I try to reduce the DPI for sniping, I just lose my concentration and grip and miss the target.

Also,, it would be really beneficial to add a third button at the top beside the right click. I've been using the G700 for 5 weeks now and the top three buttons come in really handy in SC2 and WC3 when trying to select a sub team or even a building at the beginning of the game, or select a hero in WC3. It saves you a decent amount of time and concentration spent on those tasks, and improves your micro.

Its hard to deal with button stiffness because its such a subjective issue. Same with button placement, shape of the mouse, etc. We design the mouse so it meets most preferences ideally, but you'll always find something that we can do better, and something we do better than others.

Its hard to deal with button stiffness because its such a subjective issue. Same with button placement, shape of the mouse, etc. We design the mouse so it meets most preferences ideally, but you'll always find something that we can do better, and something we do better than others.

Almost everyone who's used the mouse says that the side and the top 2-buttons are two stiff and hard to click. Even anantech and pc magazine mention the same flaw in their respective reviews of the mouse.

Also, as i mentioned, adding a third button on the top is really much better than those extra buttons on the side. The side really doesn't have enough area form more than 6 buttons (4 horizontal and 2 vertical) to be well placed and be reachable.

As for the shape, tracking, and built quality, I think the is the best when it come to those aspects.

Archived