Corsair Community

Asus Maximus X & H100i v2 - Is this setup correctly?

Wilson212

Hey folks! I recently built a new PC, and this is the first time I have built one with an AIO water cooler. I am a bit confused in how I should set this up in the bios... Can anyone verify that I am correct, or tell me where I went wrong? The AIO is connected to the "CPU_FAN" connector, while the fans are connected off of the cables coming off of the cooler (as described in the install directions).

IMG_3688.jpg

Go over a little to the right and click on "Full Speed". This is Asus EZ BIOS speak for disabled. If you go into the Advanced BIOS and "disable CPU_FAN", it will also show in this window as Full Speed.

The H100i v2 needs a 12v supply at all times. You don't use the BIOS to control the pump or fan speeds. That will be done in the Link or iCUE control program.

No, you don't have to. I would click PWM just because that provides a secondary request for 12v (PWM), if somehow the BIOS fan settings vanished. However, that is sort of ridiculous to expect and the auto detect sensor probably flips you back to DC on the next boot anyway. Full Speed will do it. It will also prevent the Q-Fan tuning program from trying to run the H100i v2 pump like a fan or any of the Asus power saving features from shutting it down.

Archived