Corsair Community

Best way to add fans.

bbbearrr

Hi all,

im looking to add some RGB fans to my build soon and looking through the various bundles available at the moment.

I want to get the LL120's and the 3 pack comes with a lighting node pro and another black box.

firstly, what is the addiotnal box for?

secondly i already have a lighting node pro as i have RGB strips.

so im wondering if im having to buy something i already own to get the fans and the second box? :confused:

• Corsair Employee

The second box that you see is most likely the RGB hub, the purpose of the RGB hub is to provide power to the fans to properly light up. LL fans require two sources of power, one to make the fan spin and one to make the fan properly light up.

Please refer to the Link below for more information.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

You could buy the 3xLL120 individually and track down a Lighting Hub from Corsair directly ($10), but I would not recommend it. It varies by location, but if you price the individual fan costs versus the 3 pack, the difference is slight and likely it would cost more to collect them individually. Additionally, you are not paying market price for the LNP inside and it has some value. If you decide to get more RGB fan, LEDs, etc, you can chain these together for a higher degree of control. If nothing else, it is a back up in case something goes wrong. On a per unit basis, a lot better than having to buy a new one at market price.

You could buy the 3xLL120 individually and track down a Lighting Hub from Corsair directly ($10), but I would not recommend it. It varies by location, but if you price the individual fan costs versus the 3 pack, the difference is slight and likely it would cost more to collect them individually. Additionally, you are not paying market price for the LNP inside and it has some value. If you decide to get more RGB fan, LEDs, etc, you can chain these together for a higher degree of control. If nothing else, it is a back up in case something goes wrong. On a per unit basis, a lot better than having to buy a new one at market price.

i already have the lighting node pro though with my led strips.

You missed the point. Calculate the purchase and shippping cost for 3 LL120 single packs, plus the RGB Lighting Hub that you can only get from Corsair directly ($10 + shipping + time). Compare that to the triple pack with everything you need.

You missed the point. Calculate the purchase and shippping cost for 3 LL120 single packs, plus the RGB Lighting Hub that you can only get from Corsair directly ($10 + shipping + time). Compare that to the triple pack with everything you need.

how do i get the fan controller from corsair directly though?

Not fan controller -- "Lighting Hub" or its technical name of Corsair RGB Fan Hub. This is the lighting controller for the RGB fans. The power and lighting have been split into separate control hubs (with separate power sources) to make this work. Otherwise, each one of these HD/LL fans would be about 0.80-0.90A each. Too much for normal control options with 1.0A limits.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

I don't know where you are, but taking a sampling of US prices the triple pack LL120 is about $107 (I can find them for less right now). The LL120 singles sell for $32.33 x 3 = $97 + $10 RGB Lighting Hub from Corsair, plus shipping from Corsair. Do you see my point? With the triple pack you get an extra LNP for free and without the hassle of tracking down individual parts. It also may have real value if you expand your lighting.

Archived