Corsair Community

Corsair H115i with CL fans and pump running 100% even when the temps are low.

Neodamerung

Hello everyone! My name is Thomas and I have an issue with H115i and CL.

My CPU is core I7 6850k not overclocked. Working on Turbo Mode at 3.94 Ghz while gaming. DDR 2666Mhz not OCed. PSU Corsair AX 860i. Mobo Asus X99 Deluxe. In Bios CPU fan speed is set at 100% all the time. Of course the H115i USB cable is connected. Rest 5 fans PWM (140mm bottom, 120mm rear, 120mm upper front, 200mm lover front and 200mm side in corsair obsidian 650D. Highly modified.) I replaced stock corsair fans with 2x140mm Noctua 3000RPM. Fans are mounted below radiator pushing hot air outside case. In normal use the CPU package temp is ~ 45C, cores ~ 40C on quiet mode in CL. All fine. Before I'm turning on games I set GPU turbine at 100% and CL to performance mode. While gaming GPU has 76C and CPU is working at 3.96Ghz on all cores and 1.275Volts. Temps are just below 60C. When I quit games after few hours I'm leaving everything as it is as long as GPU and CPU cool down. Now here is the problem. When all temps come back to normal I switch CL to quiet mode but the fans and pump runs 100% all the time. It's very loud. The temps are cool but CL is not responding. Not until like 30 minutes. After that CL switch to quiet mode. Is it a way to fix this issue? Thank You for any help.

1) Yes, I bet 3000 rpm is rather loud. You don't need that much speed, even when at load. Left click on the radiator fans in Corsair Link, either the Home or Configure Panel. Make sure they are set to the "H115i Temp Group". That is coolant temperature. Note the 40C=100% fan speed line and check your coolant temperature (H115i Temp). In a warm room (or case) it doesn't take much to make it to 40C, particularly if you have a large watt GPU. However, that doesn't necessarily mean you need maximum fan speeds. There is a definite point where more fan speed makes little difference and it usually below 2000 rpm. Make sure the cooler isn't doing exactly as instructed because of a high coolant temperature.

Β 

2) Try a custom curve with different points and see if it responds better. Ultimately, most people need to adjust the curves to fit their environment and preferred fan loudness anyway. You will want one to keep the 3000 rpm fan at a normal level. 80% on a 3000 rpm fan will be much more than the same percentage on the stock 2000 rpm fans.

Β 

3) It is also possible the fans are to blame. The Noctua Industrial line can behave a bit strangely on some fan controllers. I don't know which side is too blame, but there are certainly people out there who experience difficulties with this fan model. However, it would be premature to jump to this conclusion until the other things have been tried.

Archived