Corsair Community

Need help please

Flycaster

Hi all,

I have had a H110iGT running fine for the past couple of years. A few days ago I started my computer and it immediately gave the error screen stating that the CPU cooler was overheating, please check set up or press F2 to lower/increase fan load.

It would not let me go past the America microtrends screen (I think) so pressed F2 whereby it gave the temperature reading of the CPU and it was rising up to 84 degrees when I shut it down as I was frightened on melting the CPU.

Now I am not the most savvy of computer users and cannot give a full descriptive of whats going on as I needed to turn off the computer and dare not turn it on again. So has anyone any idea what the matter could be?

Thanks in anticipation.

Flycaster

You won't melt at 80 something Celsius and the board will shutdown automatically at the designated safe point. However, it seems likely you do have a problem. If you can watch the CPU temp climb 45-50-55-60-65... etc. in front of your eyes, you either have a stopped pump or substantial flow restriction inside the cooler.

Do you have power to the cooler (it lights up, you can feel vibrations, etc.)? If not, make sure the SATA connection is secure or try another connection point. If still no power, it is likely something has failed on that relay and you need to replace it.

Even if you do have power, that does not mean it cannot have a flow problem. If the power is on and you still see this escalating (but not instantaneous) CPU temp rise, then it is most likely a blockage of some type. The solution to both of the above problems is replacement. There is nothing you can do yourself for either.

At the top of the page, select the Support Ticket System link and follow the steps to register with Corsair, if you have not done so recently. If it is just a partial blockage, you might be able to get away with some quick web browsing and email. The longer you are up and running, the hotter things will get. When too high, you need to shut down and leave it off for a period of hours. You may also be able to feel this, with a hot pump block and lower hose area, but a cool radiator with cool exhaust air.

You won't melt at 80 something Celsius and the board will shutdown automatically at the designated safe point. However, it seems likely you do have a problem. If you can watch the CPU temp climb 45-50-55-60-65... etc. in front of your eyes, you either have a stopped pump or substantial flow restriction inside the cooler.

Do you have power to the cooler (it lights up, you can feel vibrations, etc.)? If not, make sure the SATA connection is secure or try another connection point. If still no power, it is likely something has failed on that relay and you need to replace it.

Even if you do have power, that does not mean it cannot have a flow problem. If the power is on and you still see this escalating (but not instantaneous) CPU temp rise, then it is most likely a blockage of some type. The solution to both of the above problems is replacement. There is nothing you can do yourself for either.

At the top of the page, select the Support Ticket System link and follow the steps to register with Corsair, if you have not done so recently. If it is just a partial blockage, you might be able to get away with some quick web browsing and email. The longer you are up and running, the hotter things will get. When too high, you need to shut down and leave it off for a period of hours. You may also be able to feel this, with a hot pump block and lower hose area, but a cool radiator with cool exhaust air.

Thank you so much for your very instructive reply, much appreciated.

I will delve further.

Thank you

Archived