Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Keyboard and Strafe RGB Mouse Not Being Recognized By CUE

st_trooper

I have had this problem for as long as I can remember. Whenever I boot into Windows 10 64-bit there is a 1 in 4 chance that my Strafe mouse does not work. Under CUE 1.xx it would say my firmware needed to be updated but there was no newer firmware. In CUE 2.xx it just doesn't work, no lights, nothing.

When my mouse does work CUE does not always recognize it and/or my Strafe keyboard. This happens over half the time I boot up my computer or return from a sleep state. I will get a little red box on the CUE icon in the system tray. When I close out CUE and restart it, CUE hangs and doesn't respond for a while, if at all.

I'm getting frustrated that I have to cross my fingers in order for my mouse and keyboard to work, the most basic part of a PC. I either have to unplug and plug back in the mouse and/or keyboard or restart my PC hoping it works the second time.

I have tried different USB ports 3.0 and 2. The same occurred on my old Z99 motherboard. I'm to the point where I'm probably going to buy another mouse and keyboard and, sadly, I cannot justify trying another Corsair brand.

Hey,

I have a similar issue (but my keyboard and mice always work even when not recognised in CUE, just lock lights are frozen). I submitted a ticket and Corsair is looking into it with their guys.

Anyway, I also posted all that happens to me in a forum topic, might be helpful to you: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=169720

Long story short: in my case seems that Corsair Link 4 has some issues in the latest released version. If you have also CL4 installed try removing it, that solved the issue for me until next CL4 version will be released.

Cheers,

Paolo

I have a similar issue as well, except it only ever affects my mouse.

When I turn my PC on, my mouse lights will be off and it will not appear in CUE as if it isn't plugged in at all. Unplugging and plugging it back in fixes it, restarting Cue doesn't. In the most recent version of CUE 2 it at last recognizes that something is wrong, as a little red exclamation mark shows up.

I've tried using different USB ports, both USB 2 and 3 as well as ports on the back of the motherboard and the front USB. I don't have Corsair Link installed nor have I ever so I'm sure that isn't the problem. I have the newest drivers, Windows Updates, etc, and I tried changing the USB initialization settings like Toasted suggested.

I think it's a bit late for an RMA as I got it as a gift a while ago, but I'll be sure to start a support ticket as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having similar issues. After sleep, Cue crashes. After closing the app through task manager, my Corsair Strafe mouse stopped working. I then unplugged and replugged it and it worked. I relaunched Cue and it detected only the Mouse and Corsair MM800 Mouse pad. However, now Cue does NOT detect the keyboard. Mouse is connected to pass through on Keyboard. Mouse pad is connected to it's own USB. All these devices are recognized in Win 10 64bit Devices and Printers. Keyboard works but not able to change lighting. This is not an isolated incident and has happened after almost every sleep instance. This is a real pain and am very disappointed. Everything appears to work OK on reboot. Didn't have any of these issues with my Logitech mouse and Keyboard.

I have been leaving Cue 2 app open on my desktop without letting it minimize to the taskbar notification area/system tray (i.e. bottom right of taskbar) when not in use. My system has gone through several sleep cycles since I started this post and I haven't had any problems since.

Spoke too soon. Still having problem with Cue 2 detecting keyboard upon wake from sleep overnight. Now having trouble with Mouse on cold startup. Have to replug to get it to work. This has happened a number of times. I also have to unplug the mousepad and replug after boot up because it causes some of my other usb devices not to be detected properly. So there is still a bug in the software.

Most recent update seems to have fixed this problem at least on cold startup. Version 2.18.81

Archived