Corsair Community

Led kit and fans colours not working

Psycrow

Hi

I got 6 Hd 120 fans and the node pro kit with led strips and i installed corsair LINK

All the cables should be mounted right..all my lights only glow white now..and i dont see any options for controling the clours or modes..what is wrong here ?

The LNP should show in the HID section of Device Manager, but by default it got a name of HID-compliant device which is far from helpful.

It should have a sensible name on Devices and Printers.

If you run my SIV utility and look Menu->Tools->Link Devices it should be there. You could also press [Restart] to set a sensible Device Manager name.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

For some reason the fans wont light or glow..i have the option LNP in LINK to set each cooler mode and colours but none of the 6 coolers are glowing....im using the latest drivers and the latest firmware for the node pro..maybe that firmware fails ?

I connected all the wires right and using commander mini box...

Only the led strips works fine

The commander mini flashes green and orange on the led...

Firmware fails?

Disabled the node pro boks and installed the box with 3 bottons for the fans. Now the fans glow again but only on the given modes with that box.

When i install the node pro again then only the LEDs trips glows

What is wrong here ?

Sorry i felt stupid in the old thread because i forgot to wire the usb power. but after i connected the LNP then i wanted to firmware update and i did it. Now the fans wont glow..only when i disable the node pro then they glow fine...

Looking in to ur link atm..im gona try ur solution..brb

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm having the same problem as Psycrow. Today, 4-29-17, I replaced the static LED fans with 4 HD-120 RGBs and added the LNP kit with 4 RGB LED strips to my i7-4790K gaming rig and when I turned it on, all of the LEDs were in default white (fan & strips). I DL'd the latest version of the Link 4 software (ver. 4.6.0.86). When I fired up the LINK 4 software, it doesn't see the fan LEDs, the LED light strips, or the LNP controller. Pretty much it doesn't see anything involving the LEDs.

I was figuring this was probably due to a defective LNP controller (my latest build lives in a Corsair Crystal Series 570X case and the SP-120 controller that came with the case was defective) so I was going to contact Corsair for an RMA - but as I've been reading through the various posts mentioned in this post - I'm wondering if this is more of a firmware issue and not necessarily a defective LNP controller?

Psycrow - did you ever manage to get your LNP working properly? If yes, what was the answer?

Attached are some pics of the rig with minimal LED lighting and current lighting stuck on white.

IMG_1181.thumb.JPG.de4002102cac040d7867f4eecaea9af5.JPG

IMG_1246.thumb.JPG.ebb17c72f1d9037c53d5788d6ed9dab2.JPG

1021286223_IMG_1247(1).thumb.JPG.88dfb7bc6f6df2eb585577988a9911b1.JPG

IMG_2224.thumb.JPG.24db5063cbeb012b2c1056ec177d847a.JPG

IMG_2223.thumb.JPG.be8e719f471246da518ed1c8d986fcff.JPG

Archived