Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Old 05-15-2017, 12:35 AM
digitalformula's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903228
digitalformula Reputation: 10
Default Corsair 570x + H110i - It fits ... just

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalformula View Post
Hi - I don't suppose you could post a pic of that setup, could you? I bought the 570x today and thought I'd researched it properly, but didn't (obviously). I have the H110i and it won't fit anywhere - exact same issues that you had.

I want to try and mount the H110i radiator on the front of the case but can't figure out to make it fit.

Could you help with a pic of how you did it?

Thanks! :)
Ok, I'm going to quote my own post, since I didn't receive a response.

The 280mm radiator *does* fit on the front, but looks a bit awkward (as someone else pointed out).

I also have 3x Corsair HD120 fans on the front that look awesome, even if their wiring sucks a bit. The radiator performs without issues but has one of the fans overlap it slightly, hence the awkward comment. The way around that would be the new HD140 fans, although only 2 of them would fit in the front of the case.

That setup plus 2 more HD120 fans on the top and 1 more on the back for GPU water cooling (MSI 1080 Sea Hawk) make for a super bright and controllable setup once the Corsair Node Lighting Pro thing goes in there soon.

I'm not overclocking my 7700K and when rendering using Blender I'm getting CPU temps of around 60 degrees C at 100% CPU load. That's perfectly fine and proves the radiator is doing its job. Idle temps are consistently <20 degrees C.

The downside? 6x HD120 fans gets a bit noisy ... but meh, it looks cool. Can't hear them over the music/games anyway.

Tried to add a pic link but forums obfuscated the URL.

Last edited by digitalformula; 05-15-2017 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Add link to case pic

Old 05-17-2017, 05:43 AM
Kary1983's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903553
Kary1983 Reputation: 10

I think i will be getting Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS instead as i heard many comments of 570x have issue for top rad.. I intend to go for H100i v2 and push/pull config. With my current Asus Z270 TUF Mark 1 and 2x Ripjaws V DDR4 3400, i doubt i can fit as well.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Banned
Corsair Blake's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903581
Corsair Blake Reputation: 14

Hello everyone,

So I'm unsure as to why a couple of you guys are having issues with installing 140mm radiators in the front. For one of our test systems, I was able to install an H110i in push/pull in the front of the case. I also used a standard ATX motherboard and a full length non-reference graphics cards, and still had about 80mm of free space. The only minor issue I've encountered is that the top 140mm fans run into the H110i's tubes, but it doesn't hurt anything.

Would either of you mind posting some pictures of how it isn't installing correctly?

Old 05-20-2017, 07:35 PM
tgm1024's PC Specs

POST ID # = 904126
tgm1024 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Blake View Post
Hello everyone,

So I'm unsure as to why a couple of you guys are having issues with installing 140mm radiators in the front. For one of our test systems, I was able to install an H110i in push/pull in the front of the case. I also used a standard ATX motherboard and a full length non-reference graphics cards, and still had about 80mm of free space. The only minor issue I've encountered is that the top 140mm fans run into the H110i's tubes, but it doesn't hurt anything.

Would either of you mind posting some pictures of how it isn't installing correctly?
Blake, I'm curious: I'm almost certain this is a "no", but is there enough height in that case to hold 3 140 fans, and/or a 420 radiator in the front?

Old 06-24-2017, 12:15 PM
gleamnite's PC Specs

POST ID # = 909304
gleamnite Reputation: 16

I have an H110i top mounted in my 570X, but it's at the expense of 1x screw on each fan and perfect RAM security. It was actually an accident that I ordered the H115i... Since I got it to work I didn't bother to exchange it, but now I'm upgrading motherboards and I have a bad feeling that I'm going to run into some issues :-(
http://imgur.com/a/FY3P5

Last edited by gleamnite; 06-29-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Banned
Corsair Blake's PC Specs

POST ID # = 909658

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Blake, I'm curious: I'm almost certain this is a "no", but is there enough height in that case to hold 3 140 fans, and/or a 420 radiator in the front?
So sorry for the late response! It will only hold 360mm max length and the next size below is 280mm, followed by 240.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:13 AM
gleamnite's PC Specs

POST ID # = 909841
gleamnite Reputation: 16

I can now, unfortunately, confirm that the H110i does not fit on the top of the case with any motherboard with a VRM heatsink. On my new motherboard I can just get the right-hand fan in butt-up against the RAM, but I've had to mount the left-hand fan outside the fan, in pull configuration for now. If it had just been the RAM in issued, I thought about Dremeling the corner of the offending fan off for some clearance.

In other news, would anyone like to buy an H110i or trade for an H100i?!

Last edited by gleamnite; 06-29-2017 at 10:15 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:18 PM

POST ID # = 909948
Hok Reputation: 10

Hi All,

I have a Crystal 570, Maximus Formula board and the H110i. One of the fans closest to the CPU plug hits the built in watercooler plate on the MB... So I am running with only 1 fan now. I looked at installing the Fans on the top of the case but with mine being glass there is no room... I was thinking of getting larger spacers for the glass to cover, but then thought about low profile fans... I will update.

Also while writing this I thought of putting just the RAD on top and the fans in the case as a sandwich ... will update if this works...

Old 07-04-2017, 07:08 PM

POST ID # = 910383
Dolador Reputation: 10
Default Do not get 280mm

I tried. I bought the kraken x62 (280MM) and it would ever so slightly bump the RAM out of socket by pushing down on the clasps. It simply does not fit. Go with 240MM instead.

Cheers.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:10 PM

POST ID # = 911971
Lewis G Reputation: 10
Default Corsair 570x with 240mm radiator

So I bought an NZXT Kraken X62 for the RGB on the pump, I had planned to replace the radiator fans with 2 of Corsairs HD140. But didn't do enough research prior. I will be selling/trading the X62 for an x52 (240mm radiator). My question is, with two of Corsairs HD120 RGB fans on the radiator, will I still have enough clearance for the RAM and Mobo? I have an MSI Z270 Pro Carbon, I do not have any RAM yet as the build is still a work in progress, but was thinking about either G.Skilll Trident or Corsair vengeance, which one would allow me to use the x52?

Cheers

Old 07-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Banned
Corsair Blake's PC Specs

POST ID # = 912082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis G View Post
So I bought an NZXT Kraken X62 for the RGB on the pump, I had planned to replace the radiator fans with 2 of Corsairs HD140. But didn't do enough research prior. I will be selling/trading the X62 for an x52 (240mm radiator). My question is, with two of Corsairs HD120 RGB fans on the radiator, will I still have enough clearance for the RAM and Mobo? I have an MSI Z270 Pro Carbon, I do not have any RAM yet as the build is still a work in progress, but was thinking about either G.Skilll Trident or Corsair vengeance, which one would allow me to use the x52?

Cheers
I recommend our LPX units for the best clearance. Vengeance LPX is one of the better combinations of price and performance, as well as allowing you to install a radiator and fans on top of your case.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:36 PM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920112
xldeane Reputation: 10

But why WOULDNT you use Low profile RAM if its a tight squeeze with "full height" RAM ??

xl...out

Old 09-21-2017, 05:35 PM
Zoomee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920780
Zoomee Reputation: 10
Thumbs down

I'm sorry corsair but this really is a poor show if your high-end kit can't work together. I've had nothing but corsair coolers and cases for the past 10 yrs or so!

Ryzen 7 new build here, with an Asus B350 STRIX motherboard, Corsair H115i and the 570X case. First there was a panic over AM4 socket compatibility but thankfully Corsair actually supply the bracket now (you might want to let your customers know btw they don't have to buy a seperate one).

Just like others the VRMS get in the way of the fans! - what the hecks the point of having 140mmx2 holes at the top if you don't have the clearance for your OWN products!??!

I returned a Phanteks Evolve ATX Glass for this. THAT had the clearance easy! -if only they had more stock at the time.

It's recked the whole case and its design by having to install the radiator at the front of the system. It means all the RGB lit fans at the front have to be removed!! - kind of defeats the whole purpose meh. If you wanted us to remove the fans what was the point of all the silly light controls? buttons left to waste.

A sorely dissapointed ex-loyal customer.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:32 PM
stalewind's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924870
stalewind Reputation: 10
Default Don't pull the fron fans

I have thought that the only way this case is intended to be used, is with a front mounted AIO or custom loop. Even my H board has vrm heat sinks that would prevent an AIO on top.
I wanted the H100 to use on top for looks alone you see, but I could eyeball it and see that was not good. I have a 120 AIO in exhaust now, but when the 8700K gets installed, the only solution is a push/pull 360 (there's plenty room for that). The RGB 120s stay up front and the Fractals can pull on the radiator. Use a PWM splitter on each 3 fan group and plug those two outputs into the CPU fan1 and fan 2 headers. Presto/chango cool and quiet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: