Corsair Community

Spring sound on two keys

Avariss

Hi everyone! I got my K70 (blue switch, black model) two weeks ago. I noticed recently that my Esc and Ctrl keys on the left produce a spring sound everytime I tap on them. Other than that, those keys are functioning as they should be. I am wondering if this is something abnormal that I need to be concerned about since this is my first mechanical keyboard.

I would also refer you to this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132911

Blue switches are having a problem on their own (some switches not being really clicky and closer to brown switches).

Your problem seems closer to the thread I started which Powerpuncher referred to but depending on your situation, you can find information in both of these threads.

I would also refer you to this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132911

Blue switches are having a problem on their own (some switches not being really clicky and closer to brown switches).

Your problem seems closer to the thread I started which Powerpuncher referred to but depending on your situation, you can find information in both of these threads.

That thread is for the RGB version of the blue switches, they are different and discontinued.

He said he got the keyboard two weeks ago so most likely he does not have the RGB version but the normal one.

That thread is for the RGB version of the blue switches, they are different and discontinued.

He said he got the keyboard two weeks ago so most likely he does not have the RGB version but the normal one.

I had springy ping sounds on both my old non-RGB K95 red's and the RGB version. It is an issue that affects all types of switches it seems. On some it's more noticeable than on others.

Mine is the non-RGB version, yup. The condition is as Merranza described in the other thread: " it is not resonating a lot but it really feels like a metallic sound echoing after the switch hit the bottom".

All keys are clicky as blue switches should be. So, do I just ignore it?

Mine is the non-RGB version, yup. The condition is as Merranza described in the other thread: " it is not resonating a lot but it really feels like a metallic sound echoing after the switch hit the bottom".

All keys are clicky as blue switches should be. So, do I just ignore it?

If it doesn't bother you, I'd ignore it. If it gives you sleepless nights, I'd RMA it :p

Edit: Corsiar James tuned in: [Link]

Archived