Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

I would like a time-out/inactivity function added to the list of options. This one seems obvious and easy to this new owner.

Simply add the ability to set an inactivity timer and at that time then do the chosen selection. Perhaps a checkbox and input box in each existing option would do the trick.

In my case I would use it so that my keyboard is extremely non-distracting while I'm busy typing (but still using light to make things intuitive in various games and apps), but then have say a Rainbow effect that kicks in after 20 minutes of inactivity. That, to me, would be really slick. I could even have a couple of them so that it changes after more inactivity, etc.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like a time-out/inactivity function added to the list of options. This one seems obvious and easy to this new owner.

Simply add the ability to set an inactivity timer and at that time then do the chosen selection. Perhaps a checkbox and input box in each existing option would do the trick.

In my case I would use it so that my keyboard is extremely non-distracting while I'm busy typing (but still using light to make things intuitive in various games and apps), but then have say a Rainbow effect that kicks in after 20 minutes of inactivity. That, to me, would be really slick. I could even have a couple of them so that it changes after more inactivity, etc.

Being able to set my keyboard and mouse to disable lighting after say 30 minutes of not using them (with mouse sensitivity threshold in case the desk shakes from the dryer or truck driving by) would be pretty nice to have. At the moment i use the brightness key to swap profile to one that is exactly the same just with no lighting at all but having the ability to turn them off with inactivity would be great. Biggest issue with the profile method is the dpi light is either always on or always off since dpi settings are stupidly not affected by profiles.

• Corsair Employee
1. More pre-defined lighting effects to choose from.

2. I do not have my KB lights on when I'm not using the machine as there is no logic in using up LED life when PC isn't in use. Sometimes I will RDP into it and then disconnect when I'm finished. I've come into the room later on to find my KB is lit up in its default red illumination when it should've been off. So maybe an option to disable LEDs when not logged in?

I wouldn't mind more pre-defined lighting effects too. What is your favorite?

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen this one suggested before - but I would love to create a few profiles that cover cross-device or multi-device lighting in advanced mode. Right now I have to sync them manually, and while it's doable, it's a bit of work.

Another thing that I would love to see is maybe integration with Corsair Link and an increase in control of the LEDs on, say, RAM and cooler pumps (let alone light strips), so that they can react dynamically to things on the key profile, and so your keyboard can easily react to, say, a thermal threshold being exceeded.

I've seen this one suggested before - but I would love to create a few profiles that cover cross-device or multi-device lighting in advanced mode. Right now I have to sync them manually, and while it's doable, it's a bit of work.

Another thing that I would love to see is maybe integration with Corsair Link and an increase in control of the LEDs on, say, RAM and cooler pumps (let alone light strips), so that they can react dynamically to things on the key profile, and so your keyboard can easily react to, say, a thermal threshold being exceeded.

And then I find out about Sync It lmao

scheduled on/off LED

I'd mostly want it on at night and off at day. or if I can manipulate it via the clock...

for example, I'd want CUE to only light up the LEDs from 18:00 to 06:00.

Edited by kidlat020

- Ability to run a shortcut from a macro. The issue is I have some programs that load files in the same directory as then, CUE sets this to a folder in WOW64 and hence the program fails. Alternatively allow me to set the "working directory" of the application I launch, but I figure running a shortcut would be easier ;)

- Able to put a macro on FN + X. Yes I know I can make it switch profiles while I hold down a button, and this lets me make N FN sets from each set, but my no 1 use case for FN + X is to go to Profile X

• 2 weeks later...

:idea: Please please please let us link a single profile to several programs.

I have basically the same key bindings in all of my FPS games, and a single FPS profile I'd like to use. Right now I have to switch profiles manually. :sigh!:

Please allow software profiles to be converted to software profiles. Currently, with my K95 RGB Platinum, I can

• make my own hardware profiles
  • make my own software profiles
  • download software profiles from the internet
  • and save the hardware profiles I create to my keyboard's three on-board storage mediums

However, I cannot save the software profiles I create to my keyboard and I cannot save the software profiles downloaded from the internet to my keyboard. Thus, if I like a profile I downloaded from the internet, and I want to use my keyboard with a different computer, (something I do regularly), I can't currently use the downloaded profile on the new computer unless I want to recreate the entire profile manually.

Moreover, if I want to create many different software profiles, and I want to be able to use those on a different computer, I can't. I'm stuck with three hardware profiles that I must make myself, and if I want to use a 4th, 5th, ... nth profile on a different computer, I can't put those profiles on my keyboard without having to delete an existing profile that I can't get back.

This request seems like it should be trivial feature, but it has not been implemented for some reason.

Hi, I really love this software, I have all my macros set up in every game for my mouse and my keyboard and they work amazingly, however, there's something that would be really useful regarding web browsing.

CUE already has a way to automatically switch profile through program linking by pointing to the executable, but what if I'd like to switch my profile when going to a specific site?

There are some browser games that don't let you change the default keyboard buttons for some actions, or maybe there are sites where I'd like to use macros from my macro keys.

Right now the only way to achieve this is to set an automatic profile to the browser process (i.e. chrome.exe, firefox.exe etc.) and then create a profile switching macro on the macro buttons, however this comes with some downsides:

- if you lose focus of the window, you're going back to the main automatic profile (very annoying when you have notification programs that frequently steal focus)

- if you're working with more sites simoultaneously, you need to manually go back to the first profile and then change it

- you're really limited on the amount of profiles you can switch to, unless you work on a more complex (and stressful) concatenation system to switch from a group of profiles to another

To this there are 2 possible solutions:

- the easy one, make CUE be able to remember (possibly through an option) the last manually switched profile based on each process automatic switch that occurs in the first place (more work for the user)

- the hard one, create an exstension for each major browser that can communicate with CUE and switch the profile based on the website instead of the process (more work for the developers)

I hope my english was understandable enough

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm totally convinced that RGB keyboards are not useful only for gaming, but can find their space in a professional environment too.

I am one of those who find incredible useful the ability to color coding the keys to easily setup the shortcuts for different softwares.

But:

one very important feature is missing from CUE2, and it's the ability to enable/disable/change color/change effect/ of the key (or a group of keys) while pressing-holding other keys, like CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, CTLR+ALT etc.

Example, holding CTRL could turn some keys off, and other keys on, same for CTRL+ALT or CTRL+SHIFT etc. Right now the only way to do this is using different profiles and switch between them using the PROFILE SWITCHING action, but it has some problems and it is much slower than start/stop on key pressed.

TL;DR

Please, add the ability to START/STOP lightning effects on keys or a group of keys while holding another specific KEY

for example, holding CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, or a combo of them could temporarily turn on other keys like X-C-V (cut-copy-paste) for a better and more useful layout of the shortcuts using the softwares.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

I'm totally convinced that RGB keyboards are not useful only for gaming, but can find their space in a professional environment too.

I am one of those who find incredible useful the ability to color coding the keys to easily setup the shortcuts for different softwares.

But:

one very important feature is missing from CUE2, and it's the ability to enable/disable/change color/change effect/ of the key (or a group of keys) while pressing-holding other keys, like CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, CTLR+ALT etc.

Example, holding CTRL could turn some keys off, and other keys on, same for CTRL+ALT or CTRL+SHIFT etc. Right now the only way to do this is using different profiles and switch between them using the PROFILE SWITCHING action, but it has some problems and it is much slower than start/stop on key pressed.

TL;DR

Please, add the ability to START/STOP lightning effects on keys or a group of keys while holding another specific KEY

for example, holding CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, or a combo of them could temporarily turn on other keys like X-C-V (cut-copy-paste) for a better and more useful layout of the shortcuts using the softwares.

Thanks guys!

The feature you request has existed within CUE even in version 1, using modes. In CUE 2, one would use profiles. See: Tutorial: Switching Modes by Modifier Keys and Modifier Key Combos

I would love to see an indicator as to when a profile is assigned to a mode key. I have the old K95 and there is no indicator as to when a profile has been assigned to a mode key. The only "indicator" that the mode has been assigned is that the mode button lights up on the keyboard, but nothing in the CUE V2 software does it say it has been assigned. I know that not a lot of people have the K95, but that would still be a nice feature.

The feature you request has existed within CUE even in version 1' date=' using modes. In CUE 2, one would use profiles. See: Tutorial: Switching Modes by Modifier Keys and Modifier Key Combos

Yes I know, but changing profiles is just laggy enough in my config that feels more like a workaround. It's not instantaneous as doing something inside the same profile.

• 3 weeks later...

Side topic, not to hammer the devs, but I just bought a second MM800 Polaris for my house and I noticed I am unable to set a timer in CUE to execute a lighting mode off of the one device...Example:

I have Ctrl and Alt change the lighting modes on certain G keys in a few profiles. I would like to import that same lighting effect, straight from the library, to the MM800 and have it trigger when the timer executes the lighting effect. This does not seem to be functioning. In other words, a button on the keyboard or the mouse, without changing profiles does not allow you to adjust lighting on the polaris...thats a bummer.

Lighting Link at the moment, for me, is quite mediocre considering I can only have it on with no other effects. My perfect setup would be able to have typing ripples appear on my K70 LUX, Scimitar, and MM800, with the ability to at least have some colourful backlighting on my K70's keys. I have tried methods to substitute this feature but it's driven me to insanity thinking about why such a simple feature can't be implemented.

Lighting Link at the moment, for me, is quite mediocre considering I can only have it on with no other effects. My perfect setup would be able to have typing ripples appear on my K70 LUX, Scimitar, and MM800, with the ability to at least have some colourful backlighting on my K70's keys. I have tried methods to substitute this feature but it's driven me to insanity thinking about why such a simple feature can't be implemented.

:faceslap: Hold onto your sanity! It's not that it "can't be implemented"--it will come... eventually.

I am working on adding more layers to lighting link eventually but itll take 1-2 releases before I have resources to do so.