Corsair Community

Best H100i V2 replacement fans

merrick97

The SP120L fans that come with the H100i v2 are quite effective, but definitely loud if that's what you mean by not great. I don't really like them either and I have stacks of never used ones from the last 5 years.

The obvious like for like replacement would be the ML120 Pro fans, in either black or the single color LED version. Same general RPM range, slightly better performance, significantly reduced noise at moderate and high speeds. This is an upgrade in every sense. There is also a RGB version with a slightly lower max speed that would give the same performance in the medium speed zone, but getting into RGB is a whole different matter and should be discussed. There are additional hardware requirements. The only person I would not recommend this for is someone who wants the absolute lowest possible desktop work conditions. The magnetic levitation bearing that makes is smoother and quieter at speed, does have a mild hum that can be heard in a silent room. If you know you are that person who hears every little pop and click, this may not be the best choice.

Archived