Corsair Community

gw2 scimtar issue

blake54

Hi all,

I've not been able to get my scimitar mouse key mapping to work inside of Guild Wars 2 since buying it. the mapping and response seems fine in notepad but as soon as i launch GW2 buttons don't respond 80% of the time and i get sticky buttons on the 1-12 panal of the mouse (exiting CUE is the only way to release the stuck button that i know of). I also noticed there is no "save" button when mapping buttons as seen on some of the youtube video's I've watched.

I've tried the following to troubleshoot:-

update mouse software/firmware

uninstall CUE, run ccleaner, re-install CUE

given the user "trustedinstaller" full control on the c:\program Files(x86) Corsair folder.

if there's anything else i can try please let me know.

No, the current version of CUE uses an autosave feature. As soon as you make the selection it is saved. You can use the revert button like an "undo", but as soon as you leave the page it is permanent.

I only kept my Scimitar for a few days and my hands are too big for those little buttons, but I was able to get it work normally in GW2. The natural configuration is for number buttons 1-10, so that would correspond to skills. I don't know if that's what you want or not, but try setting the key binds in GW2 directly. I have been playing Gw2 for years with various M65 RGB and CUE, so I do not think this is a CUE/GW2 issue. How does it work with other games? There is another person asking the same general question in the forum.

I've used my Scimitar in GW2 since the Scimitar was released. Other than some general CUE issues related to spammed keys (rarely happens after hectic events), the software generally works fine. I would recommend setting up a profile just for GW2 like c-attack said.

The CUE software has changed quite a bit since the Scimitar was first released, so videos aren't going to be a consistent way to figure things out.

I tried setting the side buttons directly in GW2 and was unable to. The buttons do not respond. I tried both setting as numbers and funtion keys (F13-F24) but still have the same issue I mentioned above. Thanks for the help guys, looks like I'll have to buy another mouse that works.

Archived