Corsair Community

LED strips powered and cycling, no devices shown in Link

The_XXI

Hello and happy holidays to anyone reading this.

So:

- Win7 64 bit

- Node Pro w/ firmware 0.4.94 and 2 strips on channel 1 (latest firmware only turns first strip on)

- Link 4.7.0.77 absolutely no devices shown (4.9 doesn't show results either)

- Direct connection to the mobo

- Strips lit up and cycle in rainbow until I shut down the PC

- No devices ever showed up regardless of the Link/NP version, restart, update, whatever

- No other softwares interferes with the LEDs (the only thing I can think of is Razer, for my Anansi, but it's a keyboard)

- I do not have any error logs in the current installation, only the tracer logs (attachments)

- Here's a SIV Link Devices screenshot

That's about it, let me know if you need any more info, I just can't figure it out, and it really ****s me up, I spent 90 bucks on this + extensions, I expect to have full control of the hardware.

If there's any other way to control the LEDs, I'm all ears, can't figure out how to control it with SIV, I suppose I could find a guide...

TO DevBiker, this is me.

EDIT: A little bit of news, bad one.

"1) The Link service is running and it finds the devices. It's opened the SignalR channel to communicate with the client. Looking at your logs, it looks like it's sending information along that channel as well.

2) The Link UI isn't connecting to the Link service. There doesn't seem to be any reason (that I could find) why that is. We tried a custom client that I had built for debugging and that couldn't connect either."

Something to say is that the LEDs can be controlled by SIV, so it's a software issue, all the hardware seems all alright.

Corsair support answered me telling me Win7 related issues won't be covered. So anyone with Corsair tech issues, and running Win7, good ****ing luck. I'll buy an SSD in march to do a new Win10 partition and gradually switch to that. That switch was planned but not desired, I can't say I'm happy with all this Link **** so far, would absolutely not recommend.

Service_Trace.log

Client_Trace.log

Looking at your Link screen ... it's certainly odd. Looking at the log files looks like the service is reading the sensors but it's not getting back to the Client application. What I do see in the client log is that it's continuously disconnecting.

Can you fill in your system details? Also, are you running an antivirus/firewall and, if so, which one?

No AV, no firewall, no blocking/filtering of any kind.

Specs uploaded.

Again, the consensus is that Link is major **** that only work in the right conditions, if anything it might come from the fact that I'm Win7 and probably lack an update or something. We are many to not be able to make it work. I'd really like to at least pin point the problem. I'll contact support but I don't think it will help much, I don't want to return the thing since it'll waste time. There's a software problem, it's obvious.

I'll probably start switching to Win10 on my laptop and see how I like it. But on this installation I've reach a critical point of stability and soft catalog, I can't just say **** all and redo everything once more. A partition with Win10 could be a solution to do the transition, but damn.

So with the H100i installed, I finally decided to connect the USB, I was greeted with this message from my HWiNFO monitoring.

I wasn't able to see any specific thing related to the Link devices in my Rainmeter or in HWiNFO, but then I looked around the internet and saw people talking about values in Device Parameters in the registry, I looked there, and there are no values for me.

https://i.imgur.com/Y2qrwzl.jpg

Am I onto something?

Disabling both Rainmeter and HWiNFO for startup didn't change anything. There are still absolutely no devices.

I don't have Afterburner nor Riva Tuner. I only have Asus Suite II.

Can you try disabling that too? Asus Suite ... HWInfo ... Rainmeter ... shut them all down. Make sure that Link is shut down as well (right-click, exit). Then start Link again.

This will shut down and restart the Link service, which is what actually reads the sensors. The UI only consumes what the service provides.

You, my friend, have a File Load Exception when the Data Service starts in the client.

This is good; we can work with this.

They're using Dependency Injection (with ninject) so it's hard for me to tell which file it is from the stack trace. Can you print out a file listing of C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4?

OK. Let's start by getting you on the latest version. I don't have 4.7.0.77 installed and don't have a backup copy of the files either so I can't do a comparison of the files

I know that 4.9 wasn't working either but now that we have an idea of the exception (File Load), lets work with a common baseline so we can figure out what isn't loading.

What I would recommend, at this point, is to uninstall the version that you have now and make sure that it's cleared out (make sure that all files are deleted). Then install the current version.

Then let's work from there.

No clue if this has been said yet, but my pump wasn't showing up even with restarts. Odd so I opened device manager to see if there was an error with its usb. Turns out it was disabled, no Idea how. So maybe check the usb bus out too as part of a troubleshooting.

I actually don't have 0.0.0.0:10801

But all TCP 0.0.0.0 are listening.

How would I go about knowing what address are my two USB ports on the motherboard?

BTW if that's anything I can absolutely see my CLNP connected in the device manager when I change the view to connections.

That's not for the USB port, it's for the SignalR port.

I neglected to mention that Link should be running when you check that. Sorry about that.

Remember when I explained how the Link Service communicates with the Link UI? That would be the communication channel.

So ... in short ... here's what we know.

1) The Link service is running and it finds the devices. It's opened the SignalR channel to communicate with the client. Looking at your logs, it looks like it's sending information along that channel as well.

2) The Link UI isn't connecting to the Link service. There doesn't seem to be any reason (that I could find) why that is. We tried a custom client that I had built for debugging and that couldn't connect either.

What I don't know is why the UI isn't connecting to the service. I'm going to go over the logs again to see if anything pops out but I think that this is going to be something that Corsair support and/or the dev folks may need to weigh in on.

Question: you've seen the LNP is SIV. Can you control it with SIV? SIV doesn't use the Link service, from what I understand ... it talks directly to the device.

I'm wondering if, perhaps, your LNP is flaky. If SIV can't control it, that would make that a possibility.

nL3nBBH.png

Yeah, after figuring it out and applying changes I absolutely can interact with the LED.

Now, only the first strip on the channel react to changes, the second just shuts down. Yesterday I completely reset the controller, so every strip were functional until I tried to control them in SIV today. And yes I can do whatever I want with the first strip. Couldn't figure out how to control the color though, but speed, direction, and modes all controllable.

Here's the SIV devices screen btw

OymLjFn.png

Well, I have the support response, because I'm on Win7, I can keep my bugs to myself and no solutions will come my way.

So I have a question until I buy a new SSD and gradually transition to Win10:

Is there any other way to control the LED? Considering I can control them with SIV but I don't see any way to control the colors.

Well, I have the support response, because I'm on Win7, I can keep my bugs to myself and no solutions will come my way.

So I have a question until I buy a new SSD and gradually transition to Win10:

Is there any other way to control the LED? Considering I can control them with SIV but I don't see any way to control the colors.

They are using SignalR for the communication between client and server ... and it supports Long Polling on Windows 7 (both client and server). Certainly, for full WebSocket support, it needs to be Windows 8 or higher but there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work. I still think we have something else going on here. I'll try to get some things done on that test client to see if we can get some more information about what's going on ... I've had some other things going on.

Archived