Corsair Community

Multiple Corsair Link Items

denali1

Hi!

I just recently purchased a Corsair Hydro h100i GTX. I'm getting ready to purchase a HX850i. Just looking at the manuals for both, it looks like they both require a separate USB MB header.

Since the 100i GTX has an empty row of pins in the USB connector, am I allowed to pull the pins from the HX850i's USB MB connector and insert them into the empty row on the 100i GTX's connector? Since that empty row is another USB port, that would keep me from losing yet another MB USB connector. If I do this, does it invalidate the warranty on one or both units?

Hi, I've got the same problem with multiple corsair link products. Actually it's quite expensive to buy nzxt internal hub from where I live - it will be around 45$. So I'm looking for alternatives.

I have some kind of corsair link cable but not the one with mini usb on my RM 750i power supply, I guess smth like "Digital Output for Link". What it is used for? Can I somehow connect my powersupply, water cooling (h115i) and front USB in 2 internal USB headers on mb?

Sorry for the question, it might have been here many times but I don't have good English to read all posts :(:

Also what does this actually means? Do I put 2 usb connectors in one usb slot on mb?

Since the 100i GTX has an empty row of pins in the USB connector, am I allowed to pull the pins from the HX850i's USB MB connector and insert them into the empty row on the 100i GTX's connector? Since that empty row is another USB port

Can I somehow connect my powersupply, water cooling (h115i) and front USB in 2 internal USB headers on mb?

1. The H115i does not have a C-Link port so you can't C-Link connect the RM750i via it.
  2. Either get an NZXT01 or move the pins.
  3. To move the pins you remove them from one USB header plug and put them into the other one.
  4. Look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585 for what it looks like after they have been moved.

As I understood I do not need this C-Link cable in my system, right?

Yes, you can't use the RM750i C-Link cable as you don't have a device that you can connect it to. Were you to get a CL Mini then you could use it.

You should never connect both the PSU C-Link and USB cables at the same time.

• 4 months later...

[3] To move the pins you remove them from one USB header plug and put them into the other one.

[4] Look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585

Wow - thanks Red-Ray, Also come across the same boat tonight spending ages searching for a solution before purchasing my new motherboard \i7 rig tomorrow, but I already have the CPU Cooler and case (as below) - so was getting worried I would have to try and find other motherboard with more internal headers!! So Simple, yet I completely missed the CPU Cooler and PSU controller headers only used 1/2 the full sized 10 pin header!!

My Setup

Asus Maximus VIII Hero - 2 Internal 2 way USB headers (USB 2.0 ones)

- Dont want to use up my USB 3 ones.

Corsair 750D case (using 1 x Internal 2 Way header -full 8\10 pin connector)

Corsair AX860i (using 1 internal header but only 4\5pins \ 1 side)

Corsair H115i CPU Cooler (also using 1 x internal header, 4\5pins \1side)

So using the pin relocation is a great trick to get the CPU Cooler and PSU unit off the same Header, and as you can 'unplug' the CPU Cooler micro usb - I can put it all in some neat sleeves back to the actual motherboard header.

Originally was going to see if routing an extrernal usb2.0 port back internally via a standard [short] micro-usb cable to connect to the CPU Cooler port - but had no idea if that would work - so this method above, is FAR Cleaner.

Wow

It's good you found the thread and I wonder how many have now moved the pins.

I feel Corsair should have a sticky about this as I have mentioned this more times than I can remember.

How many of your Corsair 3200 Vengeance LED (red) show up in CL4?

Archived