Corsair Community

Multiple key press for macro fire/trigger(eg. ctrl+shift+tab+e)

TheBestPesimist

Hello,

I've been looking around the forums for a method of firing/triggering a macro from a key combination instead of a simple key press. The only thread regarding this topic is this: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=750593, and the solution there is totally unsatisfactory, as it will ruin my lighting, plus it only allows only 2-key combo macro firing.

My question is: is there a possibility to have this implemented into CUE?

If there is a way and i missed it, please be so kind as to show it to me :D.

Also, is there a way to tag a staff member, so that he will see my post and maybe i'll get an official response (i'm referring to Corsair James)?

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

LE. I have the K70 RGB

A: How activate a macro with a multi key combo.

To make a multi key macro you will need one mode, in the same profile, for each key you want to add. This isnt a supported feature persay but more of a work around.

In this example the multi key macro will be Left Ctrl + Left Shift + Right Shift.

1. Go to your main mode and under assignments set the first key (Left Ctrl) in the macro to mode switching. Use Direct mode selection and pick the second mode, Check While pressed, and Uncheck Apply setting to same button at the bottom.

2. Repeat with each key in the key combo. So if you want to use three keys you would go to the second mode and set the second key (Left Shift) in the macro to mode switching. Use the same settings but pick the third mode.

3. In the last mode assign the macro that needs to be executed to the final key (Right Shift) in the macro.

4. Please note that the keys have to be pressed in that order Left Ctrl -> Left Shift -> Right Shift and released in the reverse order so Right Shift -> Left Shift -> Left Ctrl. If the keys are released in the wrong order you will end up on the mode with key change. So if you release in the order of Right Shift -> Left Ctrl -> Left Shift you will end up on the second mode. I recommend copying the default mode as many time as needed so you still have your lighting effects and have a button that will return you to the main mode.

• 1 year later...
Are you referring to an option where pressing a certain key allows other keys to be designated different mapping? For example, E is E, but if if I hold CTRL, E becomes Alt-Tab?

James, this functionality you described here, is it possible on K95?

Archived