Corsair Community

Corsair HD120 compatibility

Hi I'm thinking on buying a sigle cooler corsair HD120 I saw them in youtube and is perfect for my mooding proyect, but I just need one, the question is:

Can I sync this cooler with my previous controller by phanteks with "Digital RGB"?

or any other controller that supports SMD 5050RGB leds?

The HD120's use WS2812B LEDs. So it'll work with most of the addressable RGB out there WITH the proper connector. Phanteks typically uses JST connectors; Corsair's connectors are based on Molex connectors. Both provide secure, tight connections but the Molex connectors have a lower profile.

And then there's Asus' Aura connectors, which are based on the 5050 Analog RGB which work but aren't necessarily secure and tight.

Connector specs for Corsair are detailed in one of the links in my sig.

I just did an electrical mod using the Phanteks 3 pin DRGB Y Splitter to use for both my HD 120’s and even my Corsair LED strips and synced it with my Gigabyte Fusion via Direct Motherboard connection. Works just fine, but make sure you’re getting the actual 3

In type and not the split 3 pin which has smaller pins (4 pins with missing pin) because you would have to splice the RGB header plug on the fans cable’s itself.

Archived