Corsair Community

Void RGB USB issues

Ridbidge

I have the USB version of the Void RGB headset. I have the craziest thing happening... the headset works fine in some programs (web browzing, media playing, etc.), HOWEVER, when I try to play games that use the mic (Starcraft and Ghost Recon: Wildlands), and when trying to use Ventrillo, whenever I plug in the headset with either of those three programs mentioned all of my USB devices cycle on and off repeatedly (mouse, keyboard, mousepad, and headset). This of course makes playing a game impossible. The problem stops immediately when I unplug the headset. I've tried every USB port there is and the same thing happens. I've tried disabling the headset lights, updated all drivers and firmware, made sure Windows was up to date... I don't get it and I've not seen anyone else having this issue.

Any ideas?

Plug the headset in and set the default audio/recording devices before running a game? Does anything change?

Does anything change when CUE is not running?

Have you tried the headset on a different USB port?

If possible, try the headset on another computer and see whether it works fine.

Plug the headset in and set the default audio/recording devices before running a game? Does anything change?

Does anything change when CUE is not running?

Have you tried the headset on a different USB port?

If possible, try the headset on another computer and see whether it works fine.

Thank you for your reply. I'd done all of that except for trying it without CUE running. I just quit CUE and opened up Ventrillo as a quick test. Soon as I went into test mode and the mic activated all USB devices started power cycling again. I've not tried it on another computer as I only have the one at my house. I can take it to work today to try it on my work PC and will report back tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
OK so Corsair sent me out a warranty replacement headset but the new headset does the same thing. All USB devices drop out when the mic is used but they work fine if not using the mic. My Astro A50's work great but I was wanting something that was wired for when the battery on my A50's dies. I bought these to replace a wired Razer USB headset that worked great also but it was 8 years old and finally bit the dust. I bought a 60W powered USB hub and plugged everything into that instead of the motherboard thinking maybe the power draw from having all 4 Corsair RGB devices was too much? but I still have the same problem with everything plugged in to the powered hub. I've deleted all HID and USB entries from the device manager and let them reload and still the problem persists. I'm at a loss.

Are you able to reproduce the problem on a different computer?

I took just the headset to my office computer and it behaves normally. I should probably take the kb, mouse, and mouse pad to work to give it a fair test.... does anyone else have a Corsair RGB kb, mouse, void usb, and mouse pad along with the Asus Rampage V Edition 10? I'm wondering if there is some sort of setting on the mobo that would be causing this? I also have the ax1500i power supply connected internally via USB as well... is there perhaps a setting on the PSU that should be changed? I'm tossing out guesses at this point.

I took just the headset to my office computer and it behaves normally. I should probably take the kb, mouse, and mouse pad to work to give it a fair test.... does anyone else have a Corsair RGB kb, mouse, void usb, and mouse pad along with the Asus Rampage V Edition 10? I'm wondering if there is some sort of setting on the mobo that would be causing this? I also have the ax1500i power supply connected internally via USB as well... is there perhaps a setting on the PSU that should be changed? I'm tossing out guesses at this point.

I've done a bit more experimenting tonight. I removed all of the Corsair RGB products except for the Void USB and a normal USB keyboard and the issue persists so it is definitely just the Void that is not playing nice with my system and it's not because I have too many RGB devices, which I was wondering about.

Definitely seems like a chipset-related issue on that computer, I would do what Toasted said and grab the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Asus released bios update version 1503 on 3/31/17 and after installing the update my problem is FIXED!! :)

EDIT: Apparently I just hadn't used it long enough. The problem persists. I give up.

Archived