Corsair Community

Corsair ForceGT 120 and AHCI mode issue

Hi guys, needing a bit of help with an issue on not being able to boot my SSD in AHCI mode.

Decided to do a clean install of my OS on the weekend (Win7-64), and after going through the custom install (by deleting particians and formating), I am unable to boot the drive in AHCI mode (never had this issue before). If I do select this option in BIOS it just freezes on start-up before it even allows me to select the option to re-enter BIOS again to change back. The only way to resolve it is to remove the battery from the motherboard. So... currently, I am only able to boot in IDE mode, which is certainly not ideal, but works.

The SSD has the latest 5.03 firmware, as well as the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H v1.3).

Is there a work around this without having to reformat everything and start all over again?

Appreciate your help if you can give it?

Thanks for the replies. BIOS was up to date, and tried ahci pre os install, but no luck. I finally sorted it out however... after trolling through myriads of forums and tech sites, it seemed the only solution was to do a 'clear all' format from command prompt at boot up. It appears that the Win 7 format utility is not comprehensive enough to remove everything on the drive. After I did this, I was then able to successfully select ahci mode from bios and then proceed to install the os.

Thanks for the info wheelbarrow,,,. What brought me here is that my bios is set to Raid not AHCI , and i also blue screen when attempting to change it to AHCI Does anyone know if the firmware definitely fails when atempting a firmware update on the GT when sata is set to RAID ,,, ? I don't use the raid function , it was set by the pc builder for I guess the intel rst which I don't use.... and I know that Raid is a subset of AHCI or vice versa... Thanks

Hi guys, needing a bit of help with an issue on not being able to boot my SSD in AHCI mode.

Decided to do a clean install of my OS on the weekend (Win7-64), and after going through the custom install (by deleting particians and formating), I am unable to boot the drive in AHCI mode (never had this issue before). If I do select this option in BIOS it just freezes on start-up before it even allows me to select the option to re-enter BIOS again to change back. The only way to resolve it is to remove the battery from the motherboard. So... currently, I am only able to boot in IDE mode, which is certainly not ideal, but works.

The SSD has the latest 5.03 firmware, as well as the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H v1.3).

Is there a work around this without having to reformat everything and start all over again?

Appreciate your help if you can give it?

Hi Wheelbarrow74

Be sure to use intel Sata controler and not Jmicron.

Go at intel web site to Downloat last Chipset 9.3.0.1019. and Sata driver

11.7.0.1013.You nead Sata driver version 11.x.x.xxxx to run Sata 3 SSDstable

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20821&ProdId=3143&lang=eng

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22272&keyword=raid+driver+11.&lang=eng

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Hi Wheelbarrow74

Be sure to use intel Sata controler and not Jmicron.

Go at intel web site to Downloat last Chipset 9.3.0.1019. and Sata driver

11.7.0.1013.You nead Sata driver version 11.x.x.xxxx to run Sata 3 SSDstable

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20821&ProdId=3143&lang=eng

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22272&keyword=raid+driver+11.&lang=eng

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Thanks mate, have done that. Just can't load one of those drivers/updates as it had to be done prior to installation of os. Doesn't matter though, machine is zooming a long quite nicely now :)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks mate, have done that. Just can't load one of those drivers/updates as it had to be done prior to installation of os. Doesn't matter though, machine is zooming a long quite nicely now :)

Intel rapide storage driver can be install after OS intallation!!!

Go in Computer Management, Device Manager, SCSI and Raid Controlleur. Ther you find Intel ICH SATA Raid Controller. Double click on it and you be able to update driver from ther.

Archived