Corsair Community

LL Series Fan Question

yuppicide

1 - Why the heck is a 3 pack $119.99 yet a single one is $34.99? Buying 3 single ones comes out to be about $15 cheaper.

2 - Can they be controlled to go on and off by time schedule? I'd like to set a schedule to have them off when I go to bed and during the day when I'm at work. On when I am likely to be home.

3 - Maybe that's a feature to add for a future light.. bluetooth lights.. if my cell phone isn't within range for so long I can have the lights turn off and when I arrive back they turn on.

Corsair Lighting Node Pro, which is required for lighting operations on this model .

hope not.... and commander led control in link has the option for them!

ive just ordered 6! (2 x triple packs) and hoping the two rgb hubs are the same as the ones for hd/sp rgb fans.. if not i will swop them out for the new ones.. but really do need both rgb hubs (i have 10 hd series fans atm) to plug in to my commander pro's led channels.. i hope they are just supplying the node pro with them so people get Link control from the get go ;).....

bygQoKs.jpg

You definitely need an additional control device beyond the standard light hub. I hope you are right about the Commander Pro as a fully effective substitute and I can see why they put the less expensive LNP in the box. However, I am concerned some of the new lighting effects are LNP only amd it seems like such a strange omission to leave the CLCP out of all related literature and manuals. At least we know what wacky Link/firmware upgrade issue was meant to address now.

I wouldn't be quite so flippant regarding the functionality of Commander Pro and people will be reading this trying to assess what they need to make it work in their system. I am not surprised the definition of the word "fact" has slipped a little, but a guy on Youtube who casually throws out that it works the CLCP and the some visible settings in Link do not erase the clear and specific language from the product page.

*RGB LED lighting requires a CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub and a CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO. Both are included with all LL Series RGB fan kits, or sold separately. CORSAIR LINK™ is required for software lighting control.

Perhaps you are willing to believe an entire team of people working on this forgot they also sell another RGB control device and no one else noticed that there is no information about its compatibility with this product. They also wrote Lighting Node Pro installation directions into the manuals for the fans. It seems more probably to me you must use a LNP to make this work and then the LNP can be plugged into the Commander Pro. That is of course an educated guess and I would like Corsair to confirm the requirements. The distinction is clear and someone who already has Commander Pro may mistakenly buy multiple singles only to find out they need a LNP as well.

What is a fact is I personally could not get the Commander Pro to properly function on Link 4.9 and FW 0.31xx. There were multiple problems from basic device recognition to faulty temperature data to poor fan control. All of those are key functions of the Commander Pro. It is a fact Link 4.9 and FW 0.31xx are required to use the LL fans. That is also something current Commander Pro owners may need to weigh if interested in the LL series.

These issues are all discussed elsewhere in detail. The original poster's questions was:

1 - Why the heck is a 3 pack $119.99 yet a single one is $34.99? Buying 3 single ones comes out to be about $15 cheaper.

Because it includes a Lighting Node Pro (no LED strips).

2 - Can they be controlled to go on and off by time schedule? I'd like to set a schedule to have them off when I go to bed and during the day when I'm at work. On when I am likely to be home.

3 - Maybe that's a feature to add for a future light.. bluetooth lights.. if my cell phone isn't within range for so long I can have the lights turn off and when I arrive back they turn on.

For 2 and 3, I think you are asking a lot from small inexpensive device and those kinds of things are developing technologies on whole home integration systems. I am sure someday, but that is more than a simple add on feature.

I wouldn't be quite so flippant regarding the functionality of Commander Pro

No being flippant buddy.. just looking at what ive seen so far..

so far we have two ways of looking at this.. they dont state Commander Control... but they do give the commander the option to control LL series fans in CLink., i have that option (posted screen shot above)

RGB Fan LED hub has been confirmed to be the same as one used with SP/HD fans over on Corsairs Reddit

But Ultimately we will know in a few days when my LL fans arrive :)

as for problems in link.. i have suffered very few of these issues and i'm here for the community not because of issues. i am currently using the latest firm ware on both both my Node pro and Commander Pro and the lastest CLink build. The small number of people here with issues dont represent the millions world wide with out issues if you get my drift.

Not sure if ive offended you in some way some where bud.. not my intention... just excited for the new product with lots of questions i am slowly but surely getting answer's to.

Roll on tues/weds :) i will have my answers and you will have the facts :)

Sorry to OP for the off topicness (ishhh) lol....

No offence taken. I am cautioning you about implying the C-Pro/LL combination is guaranteed to work without a LNP. People are making buying decisions.

The personal aspect is I am caught in the middle of this quandary. I just bought a Commander Pro and more HD fans last month. The LL version is the one I always wanted, but was not expecting. I have to make a decision whether to send it all back in the next 4 days before my 30 is up. I know I cannot use the C-Pro/LL combination on my system even if it does work without a LNP and I also loose the usable fan control and temp data that compelled me to buy it in the first place on the required latest firmware. So for me, this is an all or nothing swap. Weekend or not I was hoping Corsair would clarify the situation.

So these fans are pretty but performance wise worse than the HD fans?

I would like either the LL or HD fans in my main rig but must admit to being reluctant due to the Russian roulette of Link updates.

The LL fans are pretty but performance wise seem weak compared to the HD series.

Best

Wulf

so far so good.....

last hour or two of general use and no temp diff or noise what so ever... using same fan curves as i used for my HD120's. plugged fans straight into my existing RGB fan LED hub which are plugged into commander pro's LED channels.. all good in the hood :)

FsC8BEs.png

Ji8TKM0.png

I've never liked the Riing fans; there isn't enough presence to them compared to other RGB fans out there, and they seemed odd too look at in a system spec. NZXT's Aura kits at Computex 2017 were then a step up, making the circular nature of RGN more fashionable and something I could live with.

Corsair's new fans, however, strike an unusual balance between these two products you can't help but fall in love with. The diffused transparent casing around the outer and inner LEDs really sell the design...

The only thing still missing from their product line are AIO coolers with ANY of their RGB fans pre-installed.

Archived