Corsair Community

Force LS SSD Firmware Update

lightsword

I'm trying to update the firmware on my 240GB Force LS SSD. The toolbox says my current version is "S8FM07.9" but it wants to update to "S8FM07.2" which by looking at the version number appears to actually be older. Is my SSD already on the latest firmware? When I tried to apply the update it says "Firmware update failed.".

• 4 months later...

I have the exact same issue with my Force LS 120. Mine has fw S9FM02.0 and the tool says that version S9FM0.18 is newer. I didn't try to update, though.

According to this, my fw version is the latest (as of now) but I thought to report it anyway.

• 1 month later...

So just opened a ticket related to this:

I have a brand new 'Force LS 120GB' drive. It came with the latest "S9FM02.0" firmware. However, while my netbook's BIOS fully recognizes it and Linux installs fine from a USB thumb drive, it will not get past the GRUB loader and actually boot. There appears to be something amiss with how it interacts with the Linux drivers and boot process. The netbook has the latest motherboard BIOS and Linux boots flawlessly from a HDD or another Corsair GTX SSD. I now believe there is something flawed in the "S9FM02.0" firmware. Indeed you do not appear to be publishing this as the latest with the 'SSD Toolbox' software (only the direct flash software). 'SSD Toolbox' reports "S9FM01.8" as the latest. I'd like to try downgrading to that version but the 'SSD Toolbox' software will not allow it. How can I either get "S9FM01.8" to try or perhaps a more recent beta? For the record no amount of GRUB boot flags such as disabling NCQ nor trying the BIOS with IDE vs ACHI makes any difference.

Archived