The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > CORSAIR ONE

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 11:42 PM

POST ID # = 923195
GutTruck Reputation: 10

Wow! You have been super persistent, some might call it blood-thirsty, with your battling tech support and Corsair's RMA process. You've been very hard on Dustin, who is super level-headed and helpful here, IMO. I honestly hope that you finally get the machine you expected and paid for. I have to admit, you've hooked my interest with your myriad posts. If you do get some sort of resolution of the gen 2 / 3 PSIe bios setting fiasco (my 1080Ti C1 is locked to Gen 2 as well) please post the outcome on this forum. Maybe we'll get a bios update that allows us to switch back to gen3, at our own risk. Again, I hope you get your replacement even sooner than reported. Have a good weekend!

Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923197
RC_ONE Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutTruck View Post
Wow! You have been super persistent, some might call it blood-thirsty, with your battling tech support and Corsair's RMA process. You've been very hard on Dustin, who is super level-headed and helpful here, IMO. I honestly hope that you finally get the machine you expected and paid for. I have to admit, you've hooked my interest with your myriad posts. If you do get some sort of resolution of the gen 2 / 3 PSIe bios setting fiasco (my 1080Ti C1 is locked to Gen 2 as well) please post the outcome on this forum. Maybe we'll get a bios update that allows us to switch back to gen3, at our own risk. Again, I hope you get your replacement even sooner than reported. Have a good weekend!
Thanks...I think?

I don't see it as battling them. Customer service and Tech Support shouldn't be adversarial with their customers, which is what I was seeing happen a bit, and responded to in kind, in my own way...pointing out how it was happening. We should collaboratively work together to address the problems that come up, so customers are happy and issues are fixed, and in turn the company benefits from a good reputation and ongoing interest in their products and services. Sometimes company reps/employees become emotionally protectionistic at the expense of the customer, or they feel overwhelmed or (selfishly) unappreciated, and that never never works out well for customers. They don't always realize it, but it's aggressive and also tends to warp their responses in ways which truth/facts become malleable (this isn't a political issue, it's a common customer service issue) and important statements/requests/needs by customers are overlooked, and it's happening more and more in the PC component/system builder industry. As forum rules prevent me from being more specific about which company(s) I'm talking about, I'll just say there are number of such companies, but one in particular stands out as they're one of the most promoted companies on Amazon and through other retailers, with the most product offerings...and it's not Dell. Their overall service (building high-end Nvidia GPU promoted PC's with Crossfire-only motherboards forcing more expensive upgrade paths for unaware customers) and their customer service and tech support is the lowest of the low, which has been known for some time, but because they invest more in promotional advertising they continue to sucker in new customers, many of whom get stuck with bad builds the company promoted because the company's support services fail them, and the company executives don't care. I don't want to see that happen with Corsair. Especially now that they've entered the system building arena with a unique product that genuinely had me excited. But, all this wasn't initially my reason for posting. I was having a technical issue with a product, and customer/tech support wasn't helpful, partially because tech support wasn't *available* outside my work hours, despite the claim of 24/7 support, which is something they say they're now looking at working on.

At this point, I'm not looking for a Gen3/Gen2 fix. I accept that the system performance "should" be good as designed with Gen2, and that Gen3 support would at this time, for the current lineup have some small, but ultimately negligible improvement, and the current Corsair ONE lineup really isn't going to be all that upgradeable beyond Memory and Storage. Meaning, I'm not looking at upgrading to a graphics card in the future that can better take advantage of Gen3 bandwidth capacity, nor a CPU upgrade for that matter. I'm treating it in that way as a PC/Console hybrid. It is what it is. And, I'll look forward to future Corsair One (or whatever they call future designs) not having the Gen2 limitation, which is something Corsair has responded to and promised to do better on.

All the other issues are matters for Corsair's management to work on improving, from improving communication with customers, to Quality Assurance practices, to living up to their own promoted advertising regarding their support channels (24/7, World Class...etc), and keeping tickets updated so customers aren't in the dark as to the state of their issue...and so on.

I definitely hope the replacement Corsair ONE Pro I receive on Monday is fully functional and that I won't need assistance from Tech Support for it. Two systems in a row with significant QA issues would be my limit.

Ultimately, I hope my engagement and feedback helps Corsair to better help me and other customers in the future. Sometimes, it requires a little exceptional directness to effect positive change. It wasn't my original goal, or even primary focus, but I hope in the end it helps. And I have nothing personal against Dustin. If I stay a C1 customer after this week, it might be possible all this will be something to laugh over in the future.

And, in the off-chance you weren't addressing me, but instead the OP, urm...*grin*

Last edited by RC_ONE; 10-14-2017 at 02:34 AM.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:35 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923344

Grr...arg!

Fedex tracking shows they tried to deliver at 10:08am on Friday.

Our front door security cam shows no Fedex between 9:30am and 11am. And our downstairs neighbors were in front of the house talking and doing yardwork between 9:40am and 10:23am.

This isn't on Corsair...just Fedex being Fedex as usual. It's normal for them to miss a shipping time then claim they "tried" but "customer not available". UPS does it too. Instead of being honest, they cover their asses when a shipment is overnight, 1 day or 2 day, and they miss the delivery window. Blame the customer when they don't get the job done right. The way of things these days. Which is part of the reason we have the security cams up. It makes it easier to prove BS.

Last edited by RC_ONE; 10-16-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:10 PM

POST ID # = 923374
GutTruck Reputation: 10
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_ONE View Post
Grr...arg!

Fedex tracking shows they tried to deliver on Friday at 10:08am on Friday.

Our front door security cam shows no Fedex between 9:30am and 11am. And our downstairs neighbors were in front of the house talking and doing yardwork between 9:40am and 10:23am.

This isn't on Corsair...just Fedex being Fedex as usual. It's normal for them to miss a shipping time then claim they "tried" but "customer not available". UPS does it too. Instead of being honest, they cover their asses when a shipment is overnight, 1 day or 2 day, and they miss the delivery window. Blame the customer when they don't get the job done right. The way of things these days. Which is part of the reason we have the security cams up. It makes it easier to prove BS.
Damn, that sucks. I usually have really good luck with FedEx and UPS... even USPS have been stepping up their game with adding random Sunday deliveries (while I thought they were considering doing away with even Saturday deliveries...). Most of my delivery nightmares come from Ontrac.

Yeah, my previous post/reply was directed at you, RC_ONE. Sorry that I didn't hit the "quote" button. It was Friday evening and I was a few beers deep. That might also explain the awkward format of the message in general. I appreciate your concise reply, rather than just flaming me like the idiot that I appeared to be. Constructive criticism should always be appreciated and taken into consideration, especially by a company selling a high-end/high-dollar product like the Corsair One while touting "world-class, 24/7 support". Just because my experience was hunky-dory doesn't mean everyone's will be. I do still stand by Dustin in that I thought that his replies weren't combative, defensive or aggressive. It's sometimes hard to read inflection from a bunch of typing on a screen not REFLECTING THE VOLUME OR TONE OF YOUR VOICE. Stupid internets...

I hope that you get your new system ASAP and that it remedies most, if not all of your issues. Please update us on the outcome.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:53 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923385

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutTruck View Post
Damn, that sucks. I usually have really good luck with FedEx and UPS... even USPS have been stepping up their game with adding random Sunday deliveries (while I thought they were considering doing away with even Saturday deliveries...). Most of my delivery nightmares come from Ontrac.

Yeah, my previous post/reply was directed at you, RC_ONE. Sorry that I didn't hit the "quote" button. It was Friday evening and I was a few beers deep. That might also explain the awkward format of the message in general. I appreciate your concise reply, rather than just flaming me like the idiot that I appeared to be. Constructive criticism should always be appreciated and taken into consideration, especially by a company selling a high-end/high-dollar product like the Corsair One while touting "world-class, 24/7 support". Just because my experience was hunky-dory doesn't mean everyone's will be. I do still stand by Dustin in that I thought that his replies weren't combative, defensive or aggressive. It's sometimes hard to read inflection from a bunch of typing on a screen not REFLECTING THE VOLUME OR TONE OF YOUR VOICE. Stupid internets...

I hope that you get your new system ASAP and that it remedies most, if not all of your issues. Please update us on the outcome.
The shipping issue has a lot to do with our area. A very busy NYC neighborhood where the shipping co's get overloaded on some days, so when drivers or the depot run significantly behind schedule, this happens, and intentionally inaccurate information is put into the db/tracking information. I've heard it from our regular drivers, as well as friends of the family who are carriers for USPS, and they hate that it happens because it sours their relationships with the people on their route, and it's usually the overflow drivers, depot managers/supervisors, or "express" package drivers who do it. It's not something the regular drivers/carriers on our route appreciate or do, but they get stuck having to deal with the fallout from negative impressions of their service by the regular customers on their route. I've become more aware of it because it's been happening more often over the past couple of months, likely due to consequences of weather related disasters affecting the entire shipping system, which is all the tracking info has to say, but instead they lie.

And yeah, I've greatly appreciated the addition of Sunday delivery by the USPS, which was primarily added due to volume of Amazon shipments.

...all the rest, TBD :)

Old 10-17-2017, 12:37 AM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923532

I sort-of found a solution to the 60Hz limitation issue on the DisplayPort to my 120Hz monitor.

Basically, there are two DisplayPorts on the Corsair One Pro's I have (currently 2 of them, was in the process of RMA'ing the old one, but confirmed this "solution" on both of them).

The topmost Display port...for some reason only supports up to 60Hz.

The middle DisplayPort, works just fine, supporting my displays to 120Hz.

Now...My monitor only supports HDMI up to 60Hz, but DisplayPort to much higher refresh rates at high resolutions. So why one Dislplay port works, and the other doesn't...is boggling.

I posted about my adventure discovering this here http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...07&postcount=4 (this link is in a thread, but for some reason this forum only shows the single direct message)

And I'm referring to this as a "sort of" solution, because it doesn't actually solve the problem of one of the DisplayPorts not functioning as expected. Design defect?

Last edited by RC_ONE; 10-17-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:09 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923581
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 40

As I mentioned on the other forum, I'm going to have this investigated.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:14 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
As I mentioned on the other forum, I'm going to have this investigated.
That's appreciated. May I PM you?

Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923699
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 40

Sure, but I'm not sure what else I can do for you necessarily.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: