Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Video card is crashing

dmiller17

Hi all,

I'm on my second Corsair One Pro. The first fell victim to the loose cable problem. This one appears to have a problem with the video card which is causing the computer to crash.

Here's what happens: I could be using the computer to play a game, or the computer could just be idle while I'm not home. The sound (coming over HDMI or DisplayPort to my monitor) bugs out and then the screen turns a random solid color (purple, green, white, etc). I sometimes have to reboot the computer several times to get it to boot up. When I look at the reliability history, I see this:

Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
?10/?16/?2017 7:25 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	LiveKernelEvent
Code:	141
Parameter 1:	ffffe40275ae64a0
Parameter 2:	fffff80153a6647c
Parameter 3:	0
Parameter 4:	2e4
OS version:	10_0_15063
Service Pack:	0_0
Product:	768_1
OS Version:	10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:	1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Pascal_3D
Server information:	504184e5-d9d0-43df-8f54-37790b5bbba5

One for each time I had to restart the computer. The nvlddmkm line seems to suggest to me that it is the video card.

I've done sfc /scannow and restored from a fresh windows install with the latest nvidia drivers. The same problem each time.

Any ideas? Did I get another dud?

Some preliminary thoughts/suggestions:

Did you reset the system BIOS to default?

Have you OC'd the video card? If so, reflash the video bios if possible without OC'ing until the issue is resolved.

Try a different:

HDMI/DisplayPort Cable

Port on the Corsair One

Port on the Monitor

Different monitor if possible

If you have spare RAM that is known to be good and will work in your Corsair One, try swapping it.

Try booting off a Live disk/USB and running 2d/3d/gpu memory testing.

Have you moved the system around recently? Has there been a lot of vibration around it? Something might be just a little loose.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!

Some preliminary thoughts/suggestions:

Did you reset the system BIOS to default?

No I'll have to try that when I get home tonight.

Have you OC'd the video card? If so, reflash the video bios if possible without OC'ing until the issue is resolved.

No, not unless the corsair one ships overclocked.

Try a different:

HDMI/DisplayPort Cable

Port on the Corsair One

Port on the Monitor

Different monitor if possible

Yeah I've tried pretty much every permutation of these. I tried on my desk monitor via displayport and HDMI, and on my TV via HDMI. It exhibits the same problem. I could be more exhaustive about trying the different ports though, I'll give that a shot tonight.

If you have spare RAM that is known to be good and will work in your Corsair One, try swapping it.

Sadly I've been out of the PC game a while, no relevant RAM to try. :[pouts:

Try booting off a Live disk/USB and running 2d/3d/gpu memory testing.

Good idea! I will also try this.

Thanks for the reply!

No, not unless the corsair one ships overclocked.

Sadly I've been out of the PC game a while, no relevant RAM to try. :[pouts:

Happy to help!

AFAIK, it doesn't ship overclocked.

Yeah...same here...part of the reason I was hoping to save time buying a prebuilt. Alas...

Also, I mentioned video card memory testing, but also run RAM tests.

Hopefully it's not hardware and something that turns out to be easily addressable

If testing doesn't work out tonight, maybe get that Trouble Ticket started on support.corsair.com :)

Hey Dustin,

Thanks for the reply! I got the replacement directly from you folks. Having experienced both failure modes, this one seems slightly different. It always POSTs, it sometimes crashes as soon as Windows starts, or some time after. So it feels to me like a different problem, but given that the crashes are all from the nvidia driver, something related to the video card.

Let me know if you need any other information!

Maybe this is what happened to me, the first one was sent back for a new cable and the second one they sent me I had to send back a week later because it would only turn on sometimes, and then eventually not at all.

Very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
My Corsair One Pro crashed just the other day, and my FPS in the game I've been playing for the past six months is now cut in half. Anyway I can go ahead and get the ball rolling on this? Do I need to submit a ticket, and if so which information should I gather?

Archived