Corsair Community

LL120 lighting problem

Stifflersmom

Hi guys, I have 6 ll120 fans in my case. 3 front, 2 top and 1 at the rest. 3 at the front are intake and the rest are exhaust. The fans are numbered in link as from bottom front 1 with rear exhaust as 6. Everything is updated to latest firmware etc. System was built by myself in late January 2018.

Ok the problem, up untill recently the rgb has been working as intended, little niggle problems which I sorted by switching the fans about but all good till a week ago. I have looked through loads of forum posts with no success. Fans 3 to 6 have stopped lighting up completely. I have tried switching fans about and have tried a second rgb hub due to buying 2 three pack of ll 120's. I have played around with link, uninstalling and installing, rolling back firmware on hub etc.

Please can you help me what to do next.

Sorry for long post, at wits end with these fans guys.

That's certainly what it sounds like, especially if you swapped the fans around and got the same results.

A couple of things first tho:

1) When the system is locked or is booting (before iCue loads), do all of the fans light up?

2) How is the CoPro powered? What do you see for the 3 different voltages? (Can you provide a screen shot?)

3) Are you running EVGA's GPU tool? That's certainly caused issues with the cooler. I wonder if that's in play here (haven't seen it affect the fans/strips tho).

Hi devbiker, I did a fresh install of Windows. Then I disconnected all the fans from the hub then reconnected the fans in no particular order. All the fans lit up except no 2. So I rearranged the fans on the hub so that the 1 that is not lighting up is no 6. So 1 through 5 light up now but not the 6th one. I guess this fan is shot, crazy as all this gear I purchased is a few months old except the gpu. The no2 fan also has flickering issues. Are the 2 fans here broke and I need to buy more again?

Archived