Corsair Community

TX650M New and faulty?

taloe

Hello, I bought this power supply several years ago for a build but never used it. It has just been sitting in an empty case for several years, never powered up.

I was looking to sell it today and wanted to test it just in case it was faulty or something. Using the paperclip test, the fan spins for about 3 seconds then stops. There is also a slightly annoying noise which continues (which I assume all PSU's have).

HOWEVER I vaguely remember reading something about this PSU that the fan only spins when under heavy load or something?

Can someone confirm to me if it is broken or is this just a feature. Many thanks

Hi Taloe,

So if its from several years ago it likely doesn't have zero RPM mode. So you likely have a faulty unit. The only way to know for sure is to test using a PSU tester. Most computer shops should be able to do that for you. Or you can order one online.

• 1 month later...
Hi Taloe,

So if its from several years ago it likely doesn't have zero RPM mode. So you likely have a faulty unit. The only way to know for sure is to test using a PSU tester. Most computer shops should be able to do that for you. Or you can order one online.

Hi, couldn't find a store to do it and I don't want to spend money doing it as I just want to sell it.

I'm pretty sure its from 2013 and I remember reading that the fan will not spin unless under heavy load. Could you somehow confirm that TX650Ms from this year have zero RPM mode?

• Corsair Employee
Hi, couldn't find a store to do it and I don't want to spend money doing it as I just want to sell it.

I'm pretty sure its from 2013 and I remember reading that the fan will not spin unless under heavy load. Could you somehow confirm that TX650Ms from this year have zero RPM mode?

Hi taloe,

Could you by chance give us the part number on the label from the PSU? I do believe you might have a model with the zero RPM mode but I just want to confirm.

Archived