Corsair Community

Carbide SPEC OMEGA RGB, Icue & Far cry 5 integration

fenris054

Everything is in the title of the thread : I just can't make the Far Cry 5 Icue integration work properly with my Spec Omega RGB case...

Actually, it works fine with the keyboard (Corsair Strafe RGB), but the Spec Omega case is completely off : no LL fans (5 LL fans here), no front led integrated strip.

I've tried to manually import the farcry 5 rgb icue profiles in Icue, and it does the same : keyboard ok, case off.

Any solution? fix?

Everything is in the title of the thread : I just can't make the Far Cry 5 Icue integration work properly with my Spec Omega RGB case...

Actually, it works fine with the keyboard (Corsair Strafe RGB), but the Spec Omega case is completely off : no LL fans (5 LL fans here), no front led integrated strip.

I've tried to manually import the farcry 5 rgb icue profiles in Icue, and it does the same : keyboard ok, case off.

Any solution? fix?

Have you checked out Zotty's Guide: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

This might be a good place to start and it could very well answer your question as to why it is not working.

You are able to use iCUE otherwise and modify the RGB of the fans and case though?

Yes, Icue works fine and allows me to tune fans, front strip, keyboard colors and animations. Icue recognizes my spec omega rgb, with two rgb channels, as connected to LNP (one channel for the case itself, one channel for the 5 fans, correctly set to "LL" ). Note that I removed the two provided HD120 fans before installing the LL120's.

The Far Cry 5 profiles seem to activate only my keyboard and simply ignore the case (strip and fans), in game or manually imported in ICue. In fact I wonder if the rgb front strip of the case is really supported by the far cry 5 profiles. If not, it would explain the issue.

Yes, Icue works fine and allows me to tune fan, front strip, keybord colors and animations. It recognizes my spec omega rgb, with two rgb channels, as connected to LNP (one channel for the case itself, one channel for the 5 fans, correctly set to "LL" ). Note that I removed the two provided HD120 fans before installing the LL120's.

Poor HD-120's no love :(

That is odd it doesn't work. Have you tried just using LL120s on channel one with iCue disabled for the Spec Omega front strip? I will have to take a look at iCue closely, when I get home. Do you have the front set as two 10x Strips?

Give this thread a read. SDK must be on in iCUE for Far Cry 5 integration to work properly. It's worth checking to see if it is indeed disabled.

There is also the switch in Far Cry 5 options too - but I assume that is flipped on if your keyboard is showing the flag on the game loading up.

There is this from that thread:

The Integration works with any of our iCUE-enabled RGB products such as our Keyboard, RGB Fans and controller like the Commander Pro, mice, VOID RGB/Wireless headsets, MM800 or ST100.

I'm unsure if a Commander Pro is actually required, or if they mean any controller and Commander Pro is used as an example, and that it would work also with no Commander Pro but with a Lighting Node Pro and RGB Hub as provided in your case. Their use of wording is ambiguous.

Give this thread a read. SDK must be on in iCUE for Far Cry 5 integration to work properly. It's worth checking to see if it is indeed disabled.

There is also the switch in Far Cry 5 options too - but I assume that is flipped on if your keyboard is showing the flag on the game loading up.

There is this from that thread:

The Integration works with any of our iCUE-enabled RGB products such as our Keyboard, RGB Fans and controller like the Commander Pro, mice, VOID RGB/Wireless headsets, MM800 or ST100.

I'm unsure if a Commander Pro is actually required, or if they mean any controller and Commander Pro is used as an example, and that it would work also with no Commander Pro but with a Lighting Node Pro and RGB Hub as provided in your case. Their use of wording is ambiguous.

It it is working for his keyboard, it should be working for his LEDs, unless it is miss configured some where. The LEDs should all the same type in his fans and case. I have a K70 KB, multiple LNPs, HD-120s, and LED strips and they all work. With the exception of the 6th fan, which multiple people have reported this problem. I don't have that case, though I do have strips. If their is a profile for the case, then he could try using the 2xLED strips instead. That is the only thing I can see for it not working. I can't explain with the LL-120s aren't working. I haven't really played with settings outside of the items I owned.

In my opinion, what I call "front led strip" is not handled as a regular led strip by Icue, and that's why even the raw far cry profiles don't work either...

For some unknown reason the profiles don't recognize channel 1 and don't engage channel 2. Keyboard is handled separately.

Icue displays this feature as "SPEC OMEGA RGB" (and not "LED STRIP"), on channel 1 of the LNP. The item is grayed, I can't change it...

And yes, SDK is enabled.

I've tried several versions of Icue, with proper desinstallation between : same result.

I think I (and the other spec omega rgb owners) have to wait for ubisoft to adjust their profiles to this new piece of hardware...

Any solution? fix?

Do you have a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro for the LL fans, they are required for iCUE to talk to the fans. Also, there are some cases that dont have support yet.

Do you have a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro for the LL fans, they are required for iCUE to talk to the fans. Also, there are some cases that dont have support yet.

Yup, I have a Lightning Node Pro (coming with the spec omega rgb case).

Yup, I have a Lightning Node Pro (coming with the spec omega rgb case).

Ok, So how it works right now is Schwitz who made the profile had other devices plugged into his Lighting Node Pro. So if you have other devices plugged it might not light up at all.

The only solution I can think of right now is you would have to go to where iCUE is installed and import the profile. Change the lighting so it's on the right controller and channel then replace the profile in the installation folder. If your down for a lot of fussing about I can walk you through it.

The way iCUE handles Link device lighting is really confusing and messy. They are working on finding a better implementation but its a very difficult problem to solve.

Ok, So how it works right now is Schwitz who made the profile had other devices plugged into his Lighting Node Pro. So if you have other devices plugged it might not light up at all.

The only solution I can think of right now is you would have to go to where iCUE is installed and import the profile. Change the lighting so it's on the right controller and channel then replace the profile in the installation folder. If your down for a lot of fussing about I can walk you through it.

The way iCUE handles Link device lighting is really confusing and messy. They are working on finding a better implementation but its a very difficult problem to solve.

When I import the profiles, there's no configuration for the fans : they are off, just as the front panel led and the visual effects panels of Icue are empty. Everything stop at the keyboard... And that's only under FC5... which I almost finished this afternoon lol...

When I import the profiles, there's no configuration for the fans : they are off, just as the front panel led and the visual effects panels of Icue are empty. Everything stop at the keyboard... And that's only under FC5... which I almost finished this afternoon lol...

Oh, well that did not work the way I was hoping it would.. Uh can you try turning on the demo devices and seeing if the lighting effects show up there? And try changing the devices you have hooked up to the LNP, the lighting effects should hopefully show up with the right device in the right channel?

• Corsair Employee
Oh, well that did not work the way I was hoping it would.. Uh can you try turning on the demo devices and seeing if the lighting effects show up there? And try changing the devices you have hooked up to the LNP, the lighting effects should hopefully show up with the right device in the right channel?

The SPEC-OMEGA RGB uses a Lighting Node PRO with special firmware that dedicates channel 1 to the front panel RGB LEDs (as well as reporting to iCUE that it's a SPEC-OMEGA and not just a Lighting Node PRO).

The profiles for Far Cry 5 will be updated to include the SPEC-OMEGA RGB over time (as well as other devices that have released since the initial launch of Far Cry 5).

The SPEC-OMEGA RGB uses a Lighting Node PRO with special firmware that dedicates channel 1 to the front panel RGB LEDs (as well as reporting to iCUE that it's a SPEC-OMEGA and not just a Lighting Node PRO).

The profiles for Far Cry 5 will be updated to include the SPEC-OMEGA RGB over time (as well as other devices that have released since the initial launch of Far Cry 5).

That's the explanation :) thanks, I can stop changing things in my setup now lol

• 1 month later...

Any news on the profile update to support the RGB Cases? (SPEC-OMEGA RGB in particular)

Archived