Corsair Community

Fan Profiles keep getting reset & deleted.

QuarterLife

The only time that I've seen this happen has been when there was a conflict with another application - specifically the previous version of Link.

Are you running Link and, if so, which version?

Are you running any other software that may be interfering by accessing the Commander Pro or the cooler via USB (HWInfo, HWMonitor, etc)?

The only time that I've seen this happen has been when there was a conflict with another application - specifically the previous version of Link.

Are you running Link and, if so, which version?

Are you running any other software that may be interfering by accessing the Commander Pro or the cooler via USB (HWInfo, HWMonitor, etc)?

Just iCUE and MSI Afterburner.

I previously had CUE and LINK installed but uninstalled LINK after iCUE replaced CUE. I just completely uninstalled iCUE and reinstalled it, so I'll report back if it happens again.

Just iCUE and MSI Afterburner.

I previously had CUE and LINK installed but uninstalled LINK after iCUE replaced CUE. I just completely uninstalled iCUE and reinstalled it, so I'll report back if it happens again.

Afterburner shouldn't cause an issue.

What you can do to help mitigate this is to export your profile. This will also export the fan curves. If they disappear, you should be able to import them again. The key thing to make sure that you select on the Export/Import screen is "DIY Performance".

Afterburner shouldn't cause an issue.

What you can do to help mitigate this is to export your profile. This will also export the fan curves. If they disappear, you should be able to import them again. The key thing to make sure that you select on the Export/Import screen is "DIY Performance".

Thanks for the tip, that'll definitely save me time.

Happens to me all the time when I leave my system on for a while.

Note that I do not do anything but walk away for about 1~2 hours, and when I'm back all performance profiles are gone except those 3 default ones. Fans are set to either "Quiet" or "".

And importing profiles resets all sensors to CPU (I had them on different radiators).

logs.zip

I got this one as well last night. I just did a fresh installed the 3.1.133 version and needed to create new fan curves, particularly since this was the first Summer like day and it made the prior ones ridiculous. Set up new curves for the 5 fans connected to the C-Pro. GPU pump curve is fixed and was imported from the prior settings. Put it to sleep, went to bed, woke up and all the new and old curves are gone. All my other settings data like temp sensor names, CUE space window configuration, lighting patterns, profiles, and everything else are all intact. It was just the fan curves and their names. This affected both the H115i Pro and the Commander PRO.

I got this one as well last night. I just did a fresh installed the 3.1.133 version and needed to create new fan curves, particularly since this was the first Summer like day and it made the prior ones ridiculous. Set up new curves for the 5 fans connected to the C-Pro. GPU pump curve is fixed and was imported from the prior settings. Put it to sleep, went to bed, woke up and all the new and old curves are gone. All my other settings data like temp sensor names, CUE space window configuration, lighting patterns, profiles, and everything else are all intact. It was just the fan curves and their names. This affected both the H115i Pro and the Commander PRO.

Can we get some logs for that?

That doesn't sound like device re-initalization; you'd lose the sensor and fan names, especially if they were connected to the CoPro or the cooler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hopefully they address this issue and quick. I have my GPU and CPU AIO pumps both running off my commander. The reset fan curves really screw with them especially since they should be running 100% or close. I had my curves reset again shortly after I posted and my GPU temp went through the roof because my pump was only running at 20%:sigh!:

• 1 month later...
Was this ever resolved?

Mine loses its fan curves most mornings when I turn on the PC they are gone I have to import one profile and then reset all the fans in the exiting profiles to the correct curves again.

logs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av76-C1DhdIj5TuCubxfFLxswKDC

Switched back to Link for the past several months, and installed iCUE last week to try it again.

So far I lost my keyboard profiles twice, fan profiles once, and headset once, and they all happened at the beginning of last week.

Currently everything is fine so I guess I won't touch any settings later lol.

This is supposed to be fixed in 3.4.95. If it is still happening, please report it. It is an irritating little bug.

All I can say guys is absolutely make of copy of your C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Corsair/CUE folder for each and every iCUE version. The profiles may not be backward compatible, so once the 3.2 profile is loaded by 3.3, its nature is changed. Dragging the entire folder into a safe place, then copying it back in after a disaster or general re-install is so much faster than importing one by one. It also saves your icons, links, and pictures. I have little folders are lined up for iCUE 3.1, 3.2, etc.

For Link, you can do the same thing, except the location folder is C: Program Data/CLINK4. Again copy the whole thing to another drive and remember where to copy it back. I go back and forth between iCUE and Link almost weekly. It would be beyond tedious without this.

Same happening to me! Just removed link as I have just got rgb pro ram which isn't supported by link (good one corsair)

Forced to use buggy poorly made icue. After every reboot it doesn't even see my fans and they all run default speed. After shutting icue down and restarting it sees the fans but loses the profiles!!

I think I'll return the ram and ditch corsair overall. Tired of these companies releasing crap software and expecting paying customers to beta test it for them!

Corsair reps should pay a visit to Razer forums, see what people think about poorly tested software being released to customers!

Archived