The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 06:31 AM
skorpien's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730152
skorpien Reputation: 11
Default [Solved] K70 RGB Utility Engine Install Issues

Hey all,

Hoping to get a bit of help with an issue I'm having with the installation of the Corsair Utility Engine software.

When I installed my K70 RGB keyboard, I downloaded the software from Corsair's site as was suggested. I clicked through the install prompts, and when everything was done, an error message popped up on my screen:

"QTrayIconMessageWindow: CorsairHID.exe - Ordinal Not Found"
"The ordinal 4430 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll."

Nothing has helped to get rid of this. I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, ran it in compatibility and as administrator, nada... Everytime I quit the program and re-launch it, including every time I reboot my system, that same message pops up. Always the same error code, always the same DLL...

I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 fully up to date and I have the keyboard connected using USB 3.0 (only the USB with the keyboard icon is connected). I have the latest firmware installed on the keyboard. I'm at a loss...

Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by skorpien; 09-29-2014 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Issue has been resolved

Old 09-25-2014, 01:11 PM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730230
terabyte Reputation: 44

Do you have some keyboard software/driver installed from a previous keyboard? If so try removing/uninstalling those first. Then try again.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:33 AM
skorpien's PC Specs

POST ID # = 731233

Thanks for the reply terabyte. I've tried uninstalling the previous keyboard software/drivers but I'm still getting the same error. Is there a known issue with the Utility Engine software and any Razer keyboards? I had the BlackWidow and Synapse 2.0 software. From what I've seen online, uninstalling the software should have also removed the drivers.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:30 AM
skorpien's PC Specs

POST ID # = 731247

I've managed to solve the issue. OpenSSL includes the same file, so I installed it on a spare system I have and copied the file over. Seems to have solved the error.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Trafficker85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732071
Trafficker85 Reputation: 13

Can you please more detail on what files were copied and to what location? I'm having the same problem.
Thanks

Old 10-03-2014, 08:58 PM
skorpien's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafficker85 View Post
Can you please more detail on what files were copied and to what location? I'm having the same problem.
Thanks
Sorry for the late reply.

I searched my C:\ drive for LIBEAY32.dll, noted the location and backed up the file. For me, the location was in the C:\Windows directory.

After installing OpenSSL on my spare system, I searched its hard drive for LIBEAY32.dll and copied it to a USB.

Then, all I had to do was paste the new DLL over the old one in the Windows directory and it's been working since.

Now all that's left is to learn how to use the software

Old 06-13-2016, 02:00 PM
rainabba's PC Specs

POST ID # = 857863
rainabba Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpien View Post
Hey all,

Hoping to get a bit of help with an issue I'm having with the installation of the Corsair Utility Engine software.

When I installed my K70 RGB keyboard, I downloaded the software from Corsair's site as was suggested. I clicked through the install prompts, and when everything was done, an error message popped up on my screen:

"QTrayIconMessageWindow: CorsairHID.exe - Ordinal Not Found"
"The ordinal 4430 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll."

Nothing has helped to get rid of this. I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, ran it in compatibility and as administrator, nada... Everytime I quit the program and re-launch it, including every time I reboot my system, that same message pops up. Always the same error code, always the same DLL...

I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 fully up to date and I have the keyboard connected using USB 3.0 (only the USB with the keyboard icon is connected). I have the latest firmware installed on the keyboard. I'm at a loss...

Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I've been having the same issue, but with `ssleay32.dll`. The error is from CorsairHID.exe, but it's looking for `c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ssleay32.dll`. Either the Corsair software installed a dependency that's been removed (not correctly setup as a dependency so it CAN be removed), OR it's not included at all and should be (or the wrong version is conflicting).