Corsair Community

How to enable XMP on Asus P8P67?

rdeyoung

Hey guys...

I feel stupid asking this question. But I purchased the Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb kit at 1600mhz. When I check the bios it says that its at 1300mhz. I understand that you have to enable the "xmp" in order to get the full 1600mhz. But how does one do this? Im new to the whole Bios editing bit - so someone who is familiar with this board and enabling the xmp with detailed instructions would be great.

So far ive only found "go to the bios and enable it," but I dont see anything that says "enable xmp." :confused:

leave everything to AUTO, but set DRAM freq to 1600Mhz and DRAM voltage to 1.5 and set the timings manually to the XMP spec in cpu-z

from what ive read that board has a hard time holding on to XMP setting but will keep working at manually set frequency 1600 after a reboot.

search the asus forum and you will see what i mean.

You can try to enable it and see how it works for you if you are a little nerevous about BIOS tweaking. It's as easy as this...Once you boot into your BIOS. Go to AI Tweaker. Then it should be the very first line where it says Ai overclock Tuner. Highlight that,and hit enter. and you should have a few options to choose from. One of them being XMP,Scroll down using the arrow keys and choose it by hitting Enter again and then save and exit . Your computer should boot fine with it. If however it doesn't post back and we'll see what we can do to help you punch those settings in manually. :)

Archived