Corsair Community

CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 1T vs 2T?

VICODAN

My system was stable until I had a power outage and then Windows 7 started BSODing with all different kinds of errors.

I ran memtest and foud some errors on my RAM which I traded back to Corsair.

Now I have brand new ram: CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 which I was running at 1600mhz 8-8-8-24-2T @ 1.65v.

I ended up getting a blue screen and asking a friend about it and he advised me to try 1T. It seems that my system is a lot more stable at 1T and I have not had any BSODs for almost a week.

Can anyone explain this phenomena? I'm thinking power supply but why would 1T vs 2T make the difference? Does 1T draw less power?

• Corsair Employee

Normally it would be the other way around but if its stable then I would just use the system.

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependent on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this/those setting /'s up on the BIOS Optimization Guide at Techarp and get a better explanation.

Normally it would be the other way around but if its stable then I would just use the system.

It's totally weird. What do you think about the power supply? Besides just general windows corruption if it is usually more stable at 2T maybe it's just bound to crash again and it's my PSU? Would voltage instability in the PSU cause instability in the RAM or the entire system?

Its not normal but if it works its all okay, do you have the latest BIOS installed?

Yes. Latest BIOS installed on my mobo. The instability problems only started happening after losing power to my comp. Different error on blue screen every time. Then I ran memtest and got an error so I RMA'd the RAM. Still no blue screens..if I get another one I will probably switch out the PSU.

Archived