Corsair Community

Discuss Link v3.1.5570 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Version 3.1.5570.

This software release is primarily for the support of the new H80i GT and H100i GTX coolers. We are still working on software/firmware updates based on end user feedback and internal testing for other items. Please see the change log and known issues below.

If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system!

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v3.1.5570, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.

What version of Windows you're using.

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Please Note you must delete any saved Profiles and uninstall the old version and reboot the system before you install the latest software.

• Uninstall the Corsair Link software through Windows Control Panel
  • Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"
  • Delete the following directory: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Corsair
    (This directory is also used to store custom profiles for other Corsair products. You may want to save this directory on a different location so you won’t lose other profiles)
  • Restart your system
  • Install the new Corsair Link software

5/15/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.1.5570

Change Log:

• Fix an issue that FAN and Pump of H100iGTX/H80iGT might be flashing red in C-Link and lose control in some cases);
  • Enforce FAN/PUMP/LED grouping constrain rule so that only devices that accepts external temp input can be associated with that temp group;
  • Uninstaller will clean up user profile directory;
  • Duplicated GPU/HDD devices discovered by CPUID will be numbered;

Known Issues:

• There is a driver conflict between the new H80i GT/H100i GTX and the original Commander unit. The new software installs a new driver that is required for support of these units that interrupts the recognition of the Commander unit. A firmware update for the Commander will be issued with a new software release to address this issue.
  • Registry edits needed to correctly discover certain USB devices (H80i and H100i) are not being correctly installed on some Win 8 systems. Manually editing the registry on these systems is still needed.
  • LED saved settings for “cycle color” not persistent after restart if two of the colors are set to 0 (255, 0,0) New firmware revision to address issues will be available in a later release.
  • On certain Intel motherboards (Z87/Z97) that use the Intel USB 3.0 drivers it is necessary to change the “Legacy USB Support” to Disabled in BIOS for detection of the H80i/H100i/Commander units.
  • RGB LED strips connected to a Commander Mini flash when a custom curve fan profile speed change takes place.
  • If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working fine with an H100i, old commander and 2 GPUs, but

link 3.1.5570

Windows 7

Corsair Newtron GTX SSD Temp not updating.

It did only after a restart of link.

It was 34ºC and some time after was at 29ºC

Checked with Corsair SSD toolbox, link was showing 34ºC all the time.

Hi there,

This is my first post so if I do anything wrong please let me know. I just set up my new build pc you can get my system specs on my profile however I attached to down below. I installed the new release of corsair link (Btw I'm using win 8.1 x64 and I have corsair H100i) the GTX 970 fan is not showing (not a big deal but still it'll be good if it worked!) however I cannot change my RGB led (I dont have the led option anywhere) Thank you in advance.

Intel i7 5820k

MSI X99S Gaming 7

32Gb 2400Mhz Corsair Vengance

Thermaltake Core V51 Mid Tower + 750W PSU

MSI GTX 970 4GB

Samsung Evo 850 500GB

Western Digital Red Series 3TB

Corsair H100i

Regards,

Bariscan

The known issues does not list the fact that v3.1.5570 does not interlock correctly. Releasing it at all is questionable and failing to list this in the known issues in rather poor given that I highlighted the issue in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138035. This is a regression as CL 2.7 interlocked correctly. This can be checked using PE as below. You should notice that CL 3.1 does not have the Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method Mutant/Mutex open when CL 2.7 does.

Note that CL has never interlocked access to the CL hardware. Both HWiNFO and SIV do using the Global\Access_CorsairLink named mutex. Thus far Corsair have declined to implement this locking which typically needs < 40 lines of code.

Please will you post the URL which specifies which monitoring programs can be safely used at the same time as CL? Because of this bug in CL 3.1 I realise it is not safe to use any others, but with 2.7 it is and this should be specified.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21672&stc=1&d=1430817888

For the sake of novice users,you may want to mention that only using Link software there's no locking needs,only when Link is combined with other fan monitoring/controlling software does locking become an issue...

I have this working on current Windows 10 release, with H100i GTX, showing and controlling Pump, CPU, LED, Motherboard temps and Chassis fans but not H100i cooler fan or the GTX 980 fan, which is still flashing red .

To get this to work I had to rename the .exe to something else (anything else works) (thank rallymewrx for the tip) but it will not work with the .exe original name, not sure what this issue is but I expect the name is linked to some parameters that is stopping it working with Windows 10.

This is my first post so if I do anything wrong please let me know. I just set up my new build pc you can get my system specs on my profile however I attached to down below. I installed the new release of corsair link (Btw I'm using win 8.1 x64 and I have corsair H100i) the GTX 970 fan is not showing (not a big deal but still it'll be good if it worked!) however I cannot change my RGB led (I dont have the led option anywhere) Thank you in advance.

When you click on a LED it will be highlighted in blue and the Configuration panel should appear as below.

I also get issues with the CL reporting of my 4 x GTX 980. Often when I start CL there are 4 reported with no temperature or fan speed and another 4 appear. CL has always had issues reporting all my GPUs since first used it (about a year ago as I recall) and has never worked reliably.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21762&stc=1&d=1431758153

Note to moderators: when I first tried to upload this image I got CL-LED-RGB.png: Your file of 1.91 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 1.00 MB for this filetype. Please can the limit be increased.

While generating the screen shot I noticed the RM PSU fan flashes red. Is this a bug in CL? I have 2 x RM PSU, but CL only reports one. Is this listed as a known issue on the internal bug database? HWiNFO and SIV report both.

CL-LED-RGB.thumb.png.9fbad01f9996ce723d73e1f1abffe141.png

it doesn't pick up all the fans I have connected to my motherboard.

I expect the missing fans are the ones reported via the PM2 registers. You could confirm this by checking if AIDA64 or my SIV utility report them. SIV will report them as Fan 6 CHA_2 to Fan 8 CHA_4.

Because of the locking issue I mentioned above you should exit CL before running either AIDA64 or SIV, but it is safe to run them both at the same time as they correctly interlock access.

The following code should provide all the information Corsair need in order to update CL to report them. These are present on both the ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX and 990FX R2.0

Kernel Mode:

#define ATI_PM2_IO_ADDR             0x0CD0          // ATI PM2 I/O Address Port
#define ATI_PM2_IO_DATA             0x0CD1          // ATI PM2 I/O Data    Port

case IOCTL_SIV_IN_PM2:
   if( ( ipl >= sizeof( *bp ) ) &&
       ( opl <= 32            ) &&
       ( ipl <= opl           ) )
   {
       CONST BYTE  *bb;                                // byte base
       CONST BYTE  *bl;                                // byte limit

for( bl = ( bb = bp ) + ipl; bp < bl; bp++ )    // loop 'till done
       {
               __outbyte( ATI_PM2_IO_ADDR, *bp );      // select register
         *bp =  __inbyte( ATI_PM2_IO_DATA );           // return value
       }

irp->IoStatus.Information = PTR_OFFSET( bb,  bp );
       sts                       = STATUS_SUCCESS;
   }
   break;

User Mode:

BYTE         ipb[  6 ];      // Input    Buffer
          WORD         opb[  3 ];      // Output   Buffer

case MB_ASUS_ST1_990FX:                               // ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
 case MB_ASUS_ST2_990FX:                               // ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
   sb->clk_b = 11360 * 60;                             // Clock B 11.36KHz
   ipb[ 0 ]  = 0x69;                                   //
   ipb[ 1 ]  = 0x6A;                                   // FANIN0
   ipb[ 2 ]  = 0x6E;                                   //
   ipb[ 3 ]  = 0x6F;                                   // FANIN1
   ipb[ 4 ]  = 0x73;                                   //
   ipb[ 5 ]  = 0x74;                                   // FANIN2

lck_acquire_isa( smb );                             // claim the ISA mutex

ok = DeviceIoControl( shl,
                         IOCTL_SIV_IN_PM2,
                         ipb,
                 sizeof( ipb ),
                         opb,
                 sizeof( opb ),
                        &len,
                         NULL );

lck_release_isa( smb );                             // done with lock

if( ok )
   {
     sb->f6.cur = opb[ 0 ];                            //
     sb->f6.dvd = SENS_FAN_CLKB;                       // FANIN0 -> Fan 6
     sb->f7.cur = opb[ 1 ];                            //
     sb->f7.dvd = SENS_FAN_CLKB;                       // FANIN1 -> Fan 7
     sb->f8.cur = opb[ 2 ];                            //
     sb->f8.dvd = SENS_FAN_CLKB;                       // FANIN2 -> Fan 8
   }

attachment.php?attachmentid=21764&stc=1&d=1431785241

1699287737_ASUSSABERTOOTH990FXR2.0.thumb.png.551b3f08305c3eca49beebb9bc82dbb2.png

I expect the missing fans are the ones reported via the PM2 registers. You could confirm this by checking if AIDA64 or my SIV utility report them. SIV will report them as Fan 6 CHA_2 to Fan 8 CHA_4.

Fan1 CHA 1 Avg RPM 1400 - Stock 900D Fan - N/A

Fan6 CHA 2 Avg RPM 1000 - Stock 900D Fan - Fan seem to vanish - lot lower RPM

Fan7 CHA 3 Avg RPM 1400 - Stock 900D Fan - Fan seem to vanish

6 and 7 are the problem fans all are stock fans from a 900D, but those two fans vanishing is a little disconcerting issue with the stock fans?

Fan1 CHA 1 Avg RPM 1400 - Stock 900D Fan - N/A

Fan6 CHA 2 Avg RPM 1000 - Stock 900D Fan - Fan seem to vanish - lot lower RPM

Fan7 CHA 3 Avg RPM 1400 - Stock 900D Fan - Fan seem to vanish

6 and 7 are the problem fans all are stock fans from a 900D, but those two fans vanishing is a little disconcerting issue with the stock fans?

I am unsure what you mean by "Fan seem to vanish" and are these values what AIDA64 or SIV reports? How many fans you have have in total connected to the motherboard?

Were you to post the SIV Menu->Tools->Sensor Debug screen shot I suspect I could tell you more as this will include the sample counts.

I suspect it would be better to start a new thread.

Hi guys,

I just want to know if it will be any software issues if I install this CL version and also the CAM software for my NZXT Kraken x61 water cooling.

I give more priority to the CAM software as is more important than the CL. I would only need the CL to monitor my 1200i corsair psu.

Best regards, especially to Red-Ray who takes the time to examine the CL software thoroughly.

I expect you can install them both, but see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037 as having both active is likely to cause issues.

As per your thread, you are claiming that if you use CL 2.7, it should be fine to use the CAM software?

The latest CL version (5570*) will it interlock?

I will be using also EZ Suit from Asus, so I reckon that I should stay away from Cl.

Overpriced hardware for such a ****ty software.

Thanks man

Edit: If the only way to run CL and CAM at the same time while using CL 2.7, which 2.7 CL version I need to use?

As per your thread, you are claiming that if you use CL 2.7, it should be fine to use the CAM software.

The latest CL version (5570*) will it interlock?

I cannot run PE on your system so I cannot check. You need to run PE and check that the locks are open :!:

I cannot run PE on your system so I cannot check. You need to run PE and check that the locks are open :!:

Ok.

I am not a software engineer and it's hard to keep up with your say.

What is the name of the software(just PE wont do) so I can check if the locks are open or not.

Also, I read the thread you replied back to me earlier on,you wrote there that you may run CL 2.7 and it may work.

Which CL version are you referring to?

The only CL version that mentions to have a compatibility issue with the CAM software is the 2.7.5361;further CL version do not mention anything about CAM software and that lead me to believe that the issue may be fixed.

Regards.

I have found this information from NZXT themselves in regards of the issues with CL and CAM:

Corsair issued a Corsair Link update on 2/19 which supports their new water cooler products. Some of those coolers are made by Asetek, a partner we also use for manufacturing. There is a driver conflict when you have both programs and that’s why you’ll see the Kraken acting strangely. If you revert back to the older version of Corsair Link you will see there’s no conflict with CAM. However we know that some of our users will have Corsair Link so we’re looking into finding a solution so that our users don’t have to choose between one or the other.

I have found this information from NZXT themselves in regards of the issues with CL and CAM:

Corsair issued a Corsair Link update on 2/19 which supports their new water cooler products. Some of those coolers are made by Asetek, a partner we also use for manufacturing. There is a driver conflict when you have both programs and that’s why you’ll see the Kraken acting strangely. If you revert back to the older version of Corsair Link you will see there’s no conflict with CAM. However we know that some of our users will have Corsair Link so we’re looking into finding a solution so that our users don’t have to choose between one or the other.

PE is Process Explorer. I have now added a link. CL 3.1 means all releases that start with 3.1, same for 2.7.

The driver conflict is a different issue to interlocking access to the monitoring hardware using named mutexes.

Hello, I recently bought your product: "HYDRO SERIES H80i". I installed the drivers, but the program Corsair Link doesn't read the cooling system H80i.

What causes this and how do I fix this issue?

http://i.imgur.com/EgpiQMJ.jpg?1

system:

Intel Core i7-4790K Devils Canyon

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO

Corsair Hydro H80i High Performance

Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2400 DC 8GB

ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC - 2GB GDDR5

Corsair CX750M - 750W PSU

Windows 8.1 64 bit

This is just great.

So I used the "Check for updates" in Corsair link and it did not detect his update.

Although it can now detect my 2 Toshiba DT01ACA300 it still does not detect my 2 Intel SSDs and still have detection issues with my H80i.

Oh, and thanks again for wiping out my custom curve fan settings. It is extremely annoying to set back up custom curve settings for 7 fans.

It still does not detect my 2 Intel SSDs

Oh, and thanks again for wiping out my custom curve fan settings. It is extremely annoy to set back up custom curve settings for 7 fans.

AFAIK the Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW120A310 SMART data does not contain a temperature so this is what I would expect.

I too feel having to setup the profiles data with every release is extremely annoying. CL should preserve profiles.

Archived