Corsair Community

H100iv2 CPU fan speed Error

Cloudy1

Hi, any info on this would be amazing :D:

(I know a little about computers)

Woke up to a normal day and the computer was fine, I left the room to come back to a rather loud fan noise.. steadily increasing in speed and noise. This isn't a normal thing (My computer isn't OC in anyway) and the only other time something like this had happened was a simple reconnect cables and it some how worked fine after.

I have a H100i V2 pump/cooler connected up to my Cpu and it has been amazing until now it seems. I've double checked my connections seems to be connected fine. (CPU FAN connected) Checked my sata power cables (plugged in) plugged in both the fans in to the correct connections (Pins seem to be fine).

So nitty gritty part.

Cpu fan speed error detected tells me to then go to bios, *check bios* 0 RPM for the CPU fan (..hmmm) . Temp for the CPU is steadily increasing 35...37..41...47..60..70..80..90c.. I cant feel any vibration from the hoses (hmmm) (Fans on the rad are both working) . I have just taking off the cooler, wiped of the thermal paste, re applied thermal paste installed cooler back on to get the same error again. (hmm)

My conclusion is that is pump isn't working, any info from any1 else's experience would be amazing.

Hello, I have a liquid refrigeration Corsair H100 V2 and I am having problems with the pump, I need a solution because it makes too much noise and the processor raises temperature, help please. Thank you :(:

https://imageshack.us/i/poDjixEjp

You pump speed is 0 RPM so I suspect it has failed. Request an RMA via https://support.corsair.com/ and remember to upload the original invoice.

• 4 weeks later...

The exact same thing happened to me, with my CPU getting as hot as 100c. In this case, should I also submit a damage claim for my i7 6700k along with the h100i v2 rma?

My PC either blue screens when attempting to boot windows, or blue screens a few seconds after. This is after letting the PC cool down, and before the processor has a chance to reach high temps (which only takes a couple min.). I'm worried that the processor is damaged now.

• 3 weeks later...
It's pretty unlikely that the processor is damaged. Your CPU with reduce power to keep that from happening. Start the RMA process and you'll have a new pump shortly. In the meantime, try to get an air cooler locally if you need to keep the system running. The Hyper 212 EVO is a pretty decent cooler at a reasonable price that's handy to have on hand as backup.

Archived