Corsair Community

H115I Temp and pump questions

Shoots2k

I have a H115I installed on my system. I keep getting freezes and computer rebooting. It appears to be a temp issue on the CPU. My question is at idle I am getting 42 degrees on the CPU threw iCUE. But under load I get up to 62 to 70 and then the system either freezes of reboots. When I touch the lines on the cooler one is really hot to the touch the other is ice cold, and the side of the radiator that the lines go into is also really hot but the far side is ice cold. Now i know that's how a radiator works. But my question is, is the pump running iCUE says it is. But doesn't seem to be transferring fluid very well or flowing very well. So how can you tell if the fluid is low.

I have had this cooler in this system since 2017.

Going to address this slightly out of order.

The temps of the tubing is fine. Basically that's how it should work, hot out/cold in. Now As for low fluid there should really be only one way you would be low. And something tells me you would have noticed a leak by now :) What are the fans doing? Also sounds like you would have already checked to see if anything was plugged but be remiss not to touch on it.

What CPU do you have so we have an idea where it should be roughly to go off? That said it *SOUNDS* like the CPU is shutting itself off due to heat. The reason I say that is 9900K, at 5/all, same cooler and I'm seeing ~32 on the pump head. BUT that is not the temperature the CPU is using, what you want to look at is the 'CPU Package' temp. Where does that sit? My package temps hover around 45-50c so you can see a bit of a disparity there. You can find that under the dashboard if you put the CPU on it.

And I also realize I completely ignored the fact you said the temp is getting to 70 on the pump head. Might want to ignore what I just said and call support since you should be under warranty. Or answer it anyway :) I could be wrong.

You need to look at the coolant temperature (H115i Temp) in iCUE. It should sit about 4-7C above room temp at idle and load values generally run 6-10C above that. If you see idle values in the 40s and it appears like the coolant temperature continues to climb upwards very slowly, then you may have a flow issue. Typically the amount of heat you can take out of the coolant on one pass through the radiator is 1-2C, so you should not be able to feel any real difference between the tubes. A clear hot/warm tube and a cold tube is usually the sign of a blockage.

My package temps are 26c to 32c at idle. the ambient temp at the case is 23C. i currently have the side off the case for trouble shooting. Here is an image of my sytem under load running Digital Combat Simulator in VR. That seems to be the highest load i ever put on the machine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xYGGCpryr-mMMs6tKbTSQ6V3kIuDFhTp/view?usp=sharing

LOL. 93C coolant temp, huh? Maybe back the fans down just a little so you can reach boil? Obviously the coolant is not 93C so you are either running another monitoring program trying to access the same data or the H115i's internal temp sensor has gone wild. Kind of hard to have meaningful control when the cooler and software think you are just off boil.

Well that is what we in the trade call just a touch high. But as c-attack said if you are running something else that is monitoring stuff, don't. It has been known to cause issues and I give you this SS as proof. Yeah, named as what I thought when I saw that.

WowJustWow.thumb.png.4c36f49406498996536a2e39bf1b174c.png

The issue with the normal "flow problem" is coolant temperature is minimum CPU temperature. If your coolant is 93C, your computer will not start and would shutdown immediately to protect the CPU. Now that was the original problem, but you should not have been able to get a screen shot and your reported CPU temps are drastically below the coolant temp. Even at 60C, the radiator would be uncomfortably hot to get your hand anywhere near it.

I am not sure what's going on with the software reading and if there is a conflict with the AMD board, so let's troubleshoot this the old fashioned way.. When working properly, the radiator exhaust temp is more or less the same as coolant temperature. Carefully, feel the hoses and radiator side wall. The hoses should feel the same temperature at idle and load. If one is very warm and the other cold, that is an issue. If your CPU is showing load and the radiator exhaust feels ice cold, that also suggests now heat is getting to the release point. Another classic sign of a flow issue is CPU temps will continue to creep upwards. You cold boot, it looks normal at 30-35C, then wait.... it keeps slowly ticking up 40...45...50 over several minutes. In extreme cases this can happen in 60 seconds and then you have a zero flow state.