Corsair Community

800D parts

b166eric

I am updating my board and would like to keep my 800D case. But there is an issue with it. One of the USB2 ports shorted out. Actually melted the cable. I no longer trust the board, so I decided it was time to get a new board anyway, just build a new system. I have disconnected all the ports from the panel. Would not dream of plugging them into the new board. The only thing connected to the new motherboard is the power switch. Still, it would be nice to have USB ports in the front of the case. There is no replacement in the Corsair shop for the 800 I/O panel. And on another post someone said that the 900 I/0 panel will not work. I would like some conformation of that. Is there no way to make it work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be nice, if we can get the Obsidian Series® 800D/700D Front Panel USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit from CORSAIR.

I have searched the internet high and dry and came up with no longer available. :brick::eek:

It would nice if we had access to schematic diagrams of the Obsidian Series® 800D/700D Front Panel USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit. This way we can build our own from scratch, since CORSAIR is no longer build the parts anymore, obsolete cases.

• 4 months later...

The fact that Corsair has left 800D owners in the dust leaves me with a bit of a bad taste for Corsair.

At the time, the 800D was the "top-of-the-line" case, so I would think that it would be supported for quite some time. In fact, the main reason I bought mine was because I was "confident" that Corsair would support it for some time to come.

I can understand "lower line" products being orphaned, but a top-of-the-line model?

Not good, Corsair. Not good.

Needless to say, Corsair is no longer on my list of parts suppliers as I begin my new build.

As I stated, this case came out 8 years ago. How long do you feel spare parts should be available for?

A wild guess would be at least 8 years, 10 even but this isn't a car is it. Mines been in the garage probably rusting for the past 3 years.

To be fair you did let us down miserably as parts were like rocking horse poop 4 years ago so you do need to stock spares for longer, especially with your top of the range products or you will continue to get a bad rep for after sales and obviously lose trade due to it.

Whilst Corsair is great for in warranty stuff, you did drop the ball on this case as a prime example.

The fact it is being dragged up after 8 years is laughable though.

I wonder how long I should hang on to mine before I can make a mint parting it out :sunglasse

Archived