Corsair Community

H100i Compatability with 2066 socket

cheru2016

Hi guys,

just registered to ask a quick question regarding the H100i v1. I've been using it on my old Z97 chipset but am upgrading to 2066 and want to make sure I can continue to use my existing cooler.

The new motherboard can be seen here and the new CPU can be found here.

If I can in fact reuse the existing cooler I have, what else will I need to purchase in order to mount it to the new motherboard/CPU? New thermal paste I'm assuming, but anything else?

Thanks in advance for the help.

LGA 2066 is the same size as LGA 2013 so should be fine.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=908732

Thanks for the reply, mate. I saw that thread but think it pertains specifically to v2 which has a completely different shaped cooler, if I'm not mistaken. Just want to make sure that it's also going to work with the first rev of the H100i which has more of a square-ish body.

I hope you're right! I'll be bummed if it doesn't work ><

What other peripherals will I need to buy? Just paste?

Yes and make are you clean the old stuff off. The amount to use is about the size of a small pea.

I have just compared my H100i (64 mm square) and H80iGT (71 mm round and same head as H100iV2) and the H100i is actually smaller so more likely to fit.

Do you think the standard mount will be sufficient, or will I need to request additional mounting components from Corsair?

The LGA 2066 mounting is the same as for LGA 2013, do you still have it? It's different to what you used for the Z97.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Did the h100i fit the lga 2066? I just got one today and realized I ordered the wrong cooler. I haven't opened the box yet so I can still return it, but if it fits then that will save me time with shipping.

How did you make out? I can't seem to get my H100i to fit tightly to the 7940X chip. The LGA 2011 standoffs are too tall and allow slack. The LGA 1366 don't thread into the mobo. I'm confused.

Archived