Corsair Community

Void not working after installing CUE

Aaron_82

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and upon downloading the corsair utility engine, my mic does not work in steam games. My voice comes out very loud and distorted. I have looked into this issue and apparently it can be resolved by unticking the "Enable audio enhancements box". However this box doesn't appear for me and I cannot resolve this issue. Can anybody help me with this issue?

I have finally resolved this issue myself after not being able to find anything online. I had to reinstall the CUE software, go into the windows driver settings and roll back the headset driver to a previous non-corsair version.

I have finally resolved this issue myself after not being able to find anything online. I had to reinstall the CUE software, go into the windows driver settings and roll back the headset driver to a previous non-corsair version.

Can you post in detail what you did as I'm having the same problem. So you just had to roll back the drivers so it's just the new driver that they released that is causing issues? Does the surround sound still work after you did the fix?

I uninstalled CUE drivers and reinstalled it. I looked at the drivers menu and the roll-back button is disabled so is this the correct one to roll back as per your description?

http://i.imgur.com/PzPEecr.png

Ok so I did a lot of experimenting and I think I found the culprit of the issue. It's the latest driver that Corsair pushed out which is 2.15.83. How I fixed the issue was I went into the drivers menu in Windows and uninstalled everything Corsair Headset related including the Dolby drivers. Make sure you tick the box shown in the picture below:

http://i.imgur.com/CyU6LPv.png

Then find the previous driver version and install that. I'm running on 2.14.67 and everything works flawlessly.

Man, i have this too, any solution keeping the corsair driver? Because without the corsair driver, the 7.1 dolby doesn't work.

Read my post. You still use Corsair's drivers but you simply use their older version. The newest version is bugged like mad. Uninstall CUE and uninstall everything related to the headset in drivers menu in Windows (headset, microphone, 7.1). Then track down the version of CUE I posted and install that and it should work. That's what I did to get my headset working.

Read my post. You still use Corsair's drivers but you simply use their older version. The newest version is bugged like mad. Uninstall CUE and uninstall everything related to the headset in drivers menu in Windows (headset, microphone, 7.1). Then track down the version of CUE I posted and install that and it should work. That's what I did to get my headset working.

Thanks man, i do what you said, now it's all fine, i downloaded from https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=53675&v_langue=en

It's working on steam now, thank you very much!

This problem is very annoying and seems to be very common, Corsair please fix!

I second this. Skype and TeamSpeak work just fine, but in any ingame voice chat, I apparently sound alien or whatnot.

i have the same issue with driver 2.15

uninstalling the CUE or going back to older driver is the only fix right now.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169185

I tried going back to 2.14.67, but I even lose any sound except for the Corsair utility sound. Guessing this is due to updating the firmware as well?

I second this. Skype and TeamSpeak work just fine, but in any ingame voice chat, I apparently sound alien or whatnot.

I tried going back to 2.14.67, but I even lose any sound except for the Corsair utility sound. Guessing this is due to updating the firmware as well?

you will need to uninstall CUE + user settings

as well as to uninstall the void drivers from the drivers menu in windows

that's what worked for me at least

you will need to uninstall CUE + user settings

as well as to uninstall the void drivers from the drivers menu in windows

that's what worked for me at least

Uninstall CUE - check

Delete user settings - check

Uninstall Void drivers - check

I even went as far as deleting any leftover files from corsair in system32 folder as well as the drivers sub-folder, as well as using a third party uninstaller, but still no luck ... Only other element I can think of is the firmware which for me is updated to v0.17, coming from v0.12 if I'm not mistaken.

I also have this weird sound problem in CUE 2.14 (that I wasn't having in 2.15), where all the profiles sound the same and the Dolby doesn't work every time I restart Windows. I have to uninstall the driver and install everything over again when I want surround sound, like for a movie or a single player game for example. I guess that's the price of having a working mic on Steam.

Archived