Corsair Community

My GTX 1070 won't fit my carbide 240

tr13

Hi guys,

As the title states, i recently bought both the carbide 240 and then shortly after bought a GTX 1070 MSI 8 X. Which appears to be too big for my case. I am gutted as this was one of the final parts of my rebuild. Everything fits perfectly but the case side will not go on the side.

I was thinking about getting a 540. But i only have a little room to work with.

This is the space i have to work with in comparison to the carbide 240. I need another few inches on the width by the looks of things.

http://i.imgur.com/aEPaqCo.jpg?1

I've had to cut part of the case out just to fit it in for the interim period.

http://i.imgur.com/3lcFM3P.jpg?1

So you can see how big is is compared. I'm quite paranoid about leaving my components exposed but need a case to fit in the shown gap.

Can anyone suggest anything to help me out with this? I was thinking about getting the 540 and putting it on it's side. Would that work?

I'm using a micro-ATX mobo.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

T

Look at the Air 540's Tech specs and the maximum CPU Cooler height.

If the GPU height is below the specified height by Corsair for the CPU cooler, it should fit fine.

For the space you need to put it in, you will want to again, take a look at the dimensions of the case and measure whether you have enough space to fit the case in.

MSI lists the 1070 Gaming X 8G at 140mm wide. Can you confirm this? Unfortunately, the MSI 1070 series irrespective of model seem to be the widest 1070's out there at 3cm wider than the standard reference or EVGA's ACX 1070 line. It is even wider than my Asus 970's with the heat pipe sticking out the side --- a card that would not fit in the 240 either.

All these cards will fit in a 540 and I have 19cm from the PCI slot tab to the window. You also can run a 540 on it's side and I have done so for periods of time without issue. However, it is a substantially larger footprint and I don't think it will work well in your current location.

Do you have return options on the MSI card? I didn't check all of them, but the MSI appears to be the widest by some margin. Exactly how much room do you have from slot to window in the 240?

• 8 months later...
I'm in a similar boat, I'm looking to get the Asus Strix 1080, because I figure the triple fans will be even more useful, and my PC build is rather black/grey on the inside anyway. Will it fit? I've seen one picture of a Strix 10 series card in a 240, with a 240mm RAD at the front, does this answer my question 100%?

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
The Air240 has a maximum GPU Cooler Height of 120mm. Not sure on exact models from other manufacturers, but like c-attack mentioned, EVGA ACX cards usually fit without issues. Heights are usually listed on the card's Specification page with their manufacturers.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone knows if an ASUS GTX 1060 Dual 3GB would fit?

Want to get an Air 240 but afraid my GPU doesn't fit due to the height .

https://www.asus.com/sg/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1060-O3G/

Listed height is 130mm. Have seen some posts mentioning that it can fit 135mm, while others claiming that cards above 120mm do not fit.

I would say no. There just isn't muchspace left.

• Corsair Employee
Anyone knows if an ASUS GTX 1060 Dual 3GB would fit?

Want to get an Air 240 but afraid my GPU doesn't fit due to the height .

https://www.asus.com/sg/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1060-O3G/

Listed height is 130mm. Have seen some posts mentioning that it can fit 135mm, while others claiming that cards above 120mm do not fit.

I'll double check when I get a chance, but I believe there is a build in a Air 240 with this same card. Not sure if anything needed to be modified to make the card fit, but I'll report back after I take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I'll double check when I get a chance, but I believe there is a build in a Air 240 with this same card. Not sure if anything needed to be modified to make the card fit, but I'll report back after I take a look.

So I was able to confirmed the fitment. There is some contact on the side panel, and it bows out slightly when closed.

• 3 months later...

Archived