Corsair Community

Additional Fans for graphite 780T white

sulo

Hi, I just bought the graphite 780t white... and saw that there is the possibility to addd 3 additional fans at the top.

I would like these fans also to shine white as the two at the front... can anyone please tell me what fans I need and where to get them and everything that is needed to install them?

I'm pretty new to a tower PC... usually only used laptops...

Regards and thanks in advance

Sulo

If you are after the same fans at the front, you can buy it from the Corsair webstore, Otherwise you can just buy a White LED fan.

http://www.corsair.com/graphite-series-760t-140mm-af140l-white-led-replacement-fan

Do note that you will have to mount the fans in a push config (Outside to the case) if you want the light to shine out from the top. An alternative option is to consider a lighting strip.

Hi Toasted,

thanks for your response. I think the Fans from the front would be to big since they are 140 and on the case there are "engraved" "120"s at the places where the fans belong...

So I assume the fans for the top should be 120mm... or am I mistaken here?

If the 140 fans do not fit... can you or anyone else recommend good/quiet fans with white LEDs?

For the idea with the lighting strip... also any recommendations that are good and easy to install in the case?

Thanks and regards

Sulo

Thank you for your recommendation ... hmm.. 20 Euro per fan is indeed a bit expensive... especially if you consider that i need 3 of those :-/ ... are there maybe any other recommendations?

You are looking for the SP or AF 120mm LED (white) fans. They should be relatively easy to come by and are virtually the same as the stock AF140L LED models on the front, but with a Corsair sticker on the hub.

However, be aware all of those fans (and your front models) are DC LED fans. This means the brightness is largely determined by the speed you want to run. While you may be comfortable running the front fans at 70% max speed, running 3x120 at the top at 70% to match the brightness might be a little loud. Unless you have a reason to pick 3x120, I would be happy with 2xAF140 LED at the top. It is just as much airflow, quieter, and easier to match the brightness levels. They are often sold in twin packs and you should be able to get one for a good price.

I am assuming these are all open space and there is no radiator to consider. If otherwise, you need to say so. The ML series is a better fan, but has a different lighting display and is PWM, thus it will have a constant brightness.

Hi c-attack... i think you are right... i've seen that it is possible to also install 2x140 at the top... (althoug the placing isn't that nice as with 3x120 -.-) ... also i opened the case and have seen that there are only 5 cabels for fan-control... 2 are already used for the front... and 1 is already used for the back fan... so i have only 2 cables left... so i guess for this reason and for the reason of noise i will try the 2xAF140...

One more thing to be clear about... You cannot use 3 AF120 LED fans on one a single motherboard header (3 way splitter). At nearly 0.40A per fan, that will exceed the 1.0A max limit for a header. You would need to split them across 2 motherboard headers or a fan controller that has appropriate capacity. The current draw for 2 AF140 LED fans is much lower and two can be run safely from most any source.

Archived