Corsair Community

Underestimated how loud the SP140L's are...

Spec-Chum

OK, so I figured being bigger the stock fans (SL140L?) of my new H110i would be quieter than my H105.

Er, no :D

Looking for decent, and quieter (!) replacements. Ideally LED, as I'm old now and want to fit in with the young 'uns...

ML140 Pro decent for a radiator fan?

Yes, the ML140's are the easy PWM replacement. Better bearing type eliminates most of the grisliness at all speeds and it is reasonable quiet under 1100 rpm, which is more than enough for most loads. Only downside if the ML140 LEDs are still just about the most expensive fan on the market. If LED light is a requirement, this is the way to go. The changeable RGB color fans get quite complicated and have other limitations.

If LEDs are not required, there are a few other choices that might be slightly quieter than the ML series, but give away the higher top end speed.

Yes, the ML140's are the easy PWM replacement. Better bearing type eliminates most of the grisliness at all speeds and it is reasonable quiet under 1100 rpm, which is more than enough for most loads. Only downside if the ML140 LEDs are still just about the most expensive fan on the market. If LED light is a requirement, this is the way to go. The changeable RGB color fans get quite complicated and have other limitations.

If LEDs are not required, there are a few other choices that might be slightly quieter than the ML series, but give away the higher top end speed.

LED not essential, just nice to have. Cost isn't an issue, I've just built a new Ryzen rig and well over budget anyway lol

What are the other options? (shh, don't tell anyone, but it doesn't have to Corsair)

The non led ML140s or the Noctua 140mm pwm fans are both good, if you don't mind the colour of the Noctuas. Someone on here tried the industrial Noctua fans and said that they were quite quiet at low revs, not sure that I would want to risk it though.

Archived