Corsair Community

So i just purchased the Void USB...

aspekt

... and i have to say its the most unstable thing i've ever had the pleasure of using on my computer... there is actually so much wrong going on with this installation i dont even know where to begin... (and looking at the forums i dont seem to be alone)

first of all... installation.. there seem to be two different totally random ways for finding and installing the application/driver..

if u go to corsair.com -> support -> downloads -> gaming headsets.... then you are directed to the CUE version 1.16.42...

but if you instead go corsair.com -> products - headsets -> usb headsets -> void usb -> downloads... then you are refered to the CUE version 2.11.115..

(this is ofc only discovered after some trial and error)

strangely enough the headphones didnt install at all from the start.. but i got the usb conflict icon, no sound etc, no lights, and the "Corsair Utility Engine macro execution is not working properly. Please repair installation of Corsair Utility Engine."-error while in CUE.

uninstall / reinstall did not change the result.

then you ofc go with other options (thats when i found the 1.16.42 and suddenly the conflict is gone but its still not controllable via the CUE-app, even though it is "there"...

so i install 2.11.115 again and it seems to work... but only for a couple of minutes because then for no reason my device is no longer viewable in the CUE-app... (the demo options are there...?)

STILL the lights on the side are on default mode thus the rainbow effect.. i cant change it, cant turn it off.. cant do anything...

atleast i got sound in them.. and i dont even know why...

then i try to setup the mic and it is as if windows isnt even getting any sound.. i google some more and it seems these headphones has buildt in error what means the sound is really really LOW... so i try the windows mic setup again this time SCREAMING in to the mic and i see there is a SMALL signal..

google once again, find a third-party solution... raise the mic-volume like +30db and wow.. its normal..

SO CURRENT STATUS... (spent many hours on this already....)

sound is working...

mic is "working" (thanks to third party solution)

light on the sides are in default rainbow mode.

device NOT showing up in the CUE-app..

no visable windows usb-error anymore.

any advice?

best regards

Regarding the download links, The first entry under the Gaming headsets tab is 2.11.115, The second entry is 1.16.42.

Upload the latest log generated by CUE as it may provide useful information as to why the headset is not seen in CUE, You can find it at %localappdata%\Corsair\CUE\logs

If you want to contact Corsair directly, Submit a ticket via their support portal. I would recommend you do this.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Archived