Corsair Community

shorted PSU one rail not working

vrpaul

Hi All

I am working on a system for a friend.

It has an AX1500i PSU crammed into an Inwin 909 case.

I was refilling a cooling loop which required a bit of tipping and such to get all the bubbles...

The system was unplugged during the refill but when I turned it back on only one rail came back on.

It turns out that the 5V pins had popped out on a Molex connector and shorted during the refill. (I have fixed this with heat shrink)

So now the LEDs come on on the motherboard but there is no power to the fans and other lights.

The system won't boot so I can't run link, siv etc. on it.

Is there a way to reset the PSU without removing it from the case? (this would take a lot of finicky work)

I have tried to run link on a laptop connected via the USB port on the AX1500i. Windows sees the Corsair device but link (running on the laptop) does not show the PSU in the devices section.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

I tried to make an account to get support for a PSU and the portal said that my account already exists. OK, perhaps I forgot that I had made an account. Asked for a password reset and reset email never came.

So the problem is that I cannot make an account or get a password reset. (did this several times on different days)

I could clearly make an account for the forum.

Paul

Archived