Corsair Community

Commander + RGB Hub + 6 RGB ML120's only 3 light up

kosch

Hi

So I have a

Commander Pro, RGB hub, H150i and 6 RGB ML 120's.

RGB hub is connected to Commander Pro with the 2 wire cable that came in box.

H150i is connected to Commander Pro USB and its fans are powered by the SATA connection on the H150i.

I can only get 3 of the RGB fans to illuminate. Have ensured I have set correct number of fans in iCue for each lighting channel.

If I plug in another RGB hub to the commander with the 2 wire cable and attach 3 ML 120's I can get them to light up and control them.

Swapping around the fans between hubs works but there always seem to be a limit of 3 fans lighting up for each hub.

Have looked at all the wiring diagrams in the FAQ and would seem am I doing nothing wrong.

What am I doing wrong?

1) Yes have tried various combinations of the fans being plugged in different orders

2) Yep when I get home

3) Yes they were selected as icue shows the rainbow profile moving on each of the 6 fans in the GUI and they connected in series.

Images of icue as requested.

https://pasteboard.co/HO6aox2.png

https://pasteboard.co/HO6aCIl.png

• Have just discovered you can drag select the fans and LED's in the GUI. So with six fans connected I tried selecting just the last 3 fans and applying a profile but still no luck.
  • Created a new profile that covers the H150 and the commander but no luck there either.
  • Reapplied the commander pro firmware but no change there either.

When I have this fan as the last in the series ie #6 it does not light up.

But when I plug it into the other RGB hub by itself it lights up fine.

I think I need to create a spreadsheet with all the combinations but think that will take a while.

Keep in mind that it may be the previous fan that's causing a particular fan not to light up. The signal passes from fan to fan to fan ... so it's entirely possible that an individual fan lights up but doesn't pass the signal down. What you described is an indication that perhaps fan #5 is bad.

Aaah thats a good bit of info to know. So after much fiddling around it looks like at least one of the fans is causing this problem as if I put it last in the sequence it doesn't cause a problem.

Any idea what causes this or how I might fix it other than returning it?

Aaah thats a good bit of info to know. So after much fiddling around it looks like at least one of the fans is causing this problem as if I put it last in the sequence it doesn't cause a problem.

Any idea what causes this or how I might fix it other than returning it?

Some connection is bad. Return ... RMA ... solder gun for the truly brave. But the solder gun isn't a sure thing.

Archived