Corsair Community

Best corsair case for cooling and cable management

ritchiedrama

Can anyone recommend me a normalish sized case for cooling and cable management.

I can't decide out of the corsair cases which is the best choice..

Air flow is the most important but as I'm not the best with cable management..

I'd like the radiator to be at the top, although if front cooling is better, let me know. I want to keep my 7700K as cool as possible. thank you.

I bet we can get a laundry list of favorites, but the easy answer is the Carbide Air 540 or 740. I am biased and have 2 of the first and 1 of the second. The airflow is easy with 3x120 front (120/280/360mm rad compatible). Top 2x140 (240/280 rad). Rear 120/140 (120/140mm rad). You can easily set up a very quiet 140mm fan system all the way around (2-front, 2-top, 1-rear) and it is the breeziest case I've ever had. Cable management is laughable. You just shove it all on the "cold" half of the case where the PSU and drives go. I am probably ruined for life now and can never go back to having to work to get things tidy.

The shape can be a positive or negative. It is cubist with a larger footprint than the standard tower. It somewhat cries out to be put on a table or desk and not on the floor, but that is not a real requirement. The 400C/Q and 600C/Q might be more standard shape alternatives, but require compromises of a different kind. Quite a bit of flexibility with the 540/740.

Just to be clear, this will not do much for the other issue in discussion. If you lower your entire case temperature by 2C, the coolant in the radiator will also goes down 2C, which yields you a massive CPU temp savings of... 2C. Where the case can really help is if your current one retains a lot of GPU waste heat. If the case temp goes up quite a bit during gaming, that heat penalty is transferred to the CPU as well by raising the base coolant temperature. For most people, this is inconsequential, but if you are running pretty close to your overclock limits, taking 5C off your case gaming temps might be a much bigger deal. The 540/740 is good for this, particularly with no PSU adding to the mix on that side of the case. However, your GPU design, make and model will have to most influence.

For maximum airflow, I like cases that aren't restricted with panels that cover the front intake fans. I also like to be able to see my LED fans from the front so my choices are the Obsidian 450D and Graphite 760T.

In terms of radiator space, the 450D can fit 240 or 280mm in the front but you need to remove the drive cage for that. If you do so, you still have 2x 2.5" SSD bays behind the mobo and of course M.2 SSD options for your mobo.

Up top you can fit 240/280/360mm radiators but the top clearance above your motherboard is very limited, especially if you have big heat sinks on your mobo. You should be able to fit a radiator that's 30mm thick + fans without too many hassles.

The 760T is a full sized tower and you pretty much do anything you want with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived