Corsair Community

Ticket #821884

Rau

I am just following the "basic" RMA process - yet it seems so hard.....

First there are unexplained delays in getting Corsair responses to the ticket. I finally telephoned Support (from across the globe....) and got some assistance from support person "Drick D". I've now received a plain empty Cardboard box (also sent to me internationally!) but NO instructions on what to do with it, no return posting label, etc.

I'm posting this here in the hope that it might trigger someone to look at my ticket.....

• Corsair Employee

Hello Rau,

I have sent your ticket to the person who handles the repairs and instructions on how to send in the unit for repairs. I will do my best to also relay the message to the person for you so we can help and expedite the help process. Please let me know if you have any further questions I can assist you with.

Best,

Michael

Hello Rau,

I have sent your ticket to the person who handles the repairs and instructions on how to send in the unit for repairs. I will do my best to also relay the message to the person for you so we can help and expedite the help process. Please let me know if you have any further questions I can assist you with.

Best,

Michael

Thank you Michael. Also - I chose the repair option because I want my unit returned to me, with its C-Drive contents!, not another machine. My unit has a video card fault (“no video output”). Could you confirm I will get my machine back? Thanks

Hello Rau,

Best,

Michael

Thanks. But still no more info received. Is there some particular situation causing major disruption to the support process over the last few weeks?

Regards

• Corsair Employee

Hello Rau,

People might be off during the holidays. Let me see if I can get ahold of the supervisor in that department so he can help me with this. I just want to make sure I got all the information on my end so I can help you better. I am deeply sorry for the delay. In the mean time, I just want to verify that you received some instructions to send in your Corsair One to the US for repairs? And that you checked the box and there were no labels inside to send out your product? Was it requested that we had to do a check on your unit so it has to be sent to the US for inspection? Please let me know.

Best,

Wootaru

Hello Rau,

People might be off during the holidays. Let me see if I can get ahold of the supervisor in that department so he can help me with this. I just want to make sure I got all the information on my end so I can help you better. I am deeply sorry for the delay. In the mean time, I just want to verify that you received some instructions to send in your Corsair One to the US for repairs? And that you checked the box and there were no labels inside to send out your product? Was it requested that we had to do a check on your unit so it has to be sent to the US for inspection? Please let me know.

Best,

Wootaru

I’ve not received any instructions on how to go about sending the machine back to you.

There are no labels with the box that has been sent to me.

See the Ticket where I was given the options for how to get the fault fixed. One option was to send the machine for repair. And I was told (in phone call) that the repair location was in the USA.

• 4 weeks later...

I did finally manage to receive instructions for return of my machine to you for repair and I despatched it. UPS tracking shows that it was delivered to the destination on the shipping label (Taiwan) on Monday 14th January. Could I have an update on the repair status and likely return date please? I asked this question once on the Ticket (#821884) itself and received no useful information. Now that ticket will not accept any further input from me.

Could the helpful Corsair person on this Thread please help. It's been 2 weeks - I need my computer back!

Can anyone in Corsair tell me what has happened to my Corsair one Pro shipped back to you 3 weeks ago for repair.

Any why was the associated Ticket closed by Corsair prematurely?

I request that my ticket be re-opened and remain open until I have received the machine back from repaired.

• Corsair Employee

Hello Rau,

I am not too sure why your ticket was closed prematurely. Do you have more than one ticket regarding this Corsair One repair? If so, please respond to the open tickets so that we can assist you on your Corsair One Repair issue. It would be a lot quicker to receive a response if the Tech support agent sees a response on the ticket.

Best,

Michael

• Corsair Employee

Hello Rau,

I am sorry that the ticket was closed on you, I went to check it and it looks like a representative has reopened the ticket by the time I checked. Please reply through the ticket itself as it would help with getting a response faster than the forums.

Best,

Wootaru

Hello Rau,

I am sorry that the ticket was closed on you, I went to check it and it looks like a representative has reopened the ticket by the time I checked. Please reply through the ticket itself as it would help with getting a response faster than the forums.

Best,

Wootaru

I see a ticket that I cannot add anything too. It is marked: "This incident cannot be reopened or updated. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question."

I am on Live Chat now trying to resolve.

• 2 weeks later...

To close out this thread:

- Corsair provided a replacement machine (rather than repair & return mine) which I received on 7 Feb 2019.

- The Corsair person on this forum - Wootaru - was very helpful, but on the basis of my support experience, he (and I) were severely let down by a support process that appears to be quite under-resourced (very slow, lacking responsiveness) and prone to mistakes (such as sending me a box for return shipping of my unit, but with no shipping label or instructions.)

Archived