Corsair Community

Issues with the k70 rgb keyboard and sabre rgb mouse

wolfish426

I've had this combo for over a year now and it's been a smooth ride until recently. I want to say about a month ago, I started noticing this issue with the k70 keyboard where the ctrl key doesn't register randomly. I mean I'll be using the keyboard and it's working fine and then every now and then while I'm doing ctrl+a or ctrl+c etc, the ctrl key won't register. I've tried all kinds of keyboard testers and this isn't an issue I can reproduce consistently. I've also tried reinstalling CUE, reflashing keyboard firmware and changing USB ports but nothing seems to help. Anyone have an idea or should I send it in for warranty. Actually I'm not even sure how long is the warranty?

Something similar happens with the sabre rgb mouse. Thus stated happening only a week or two ago. Randomly, the right click won't register and I have to click harder to make it work. Same thing here that I can't reproduce this consistently. And I've tried the same things I've tried with the keyboard.

Anyone have any ideas to diagnose these issues? Or is it just time to get a new keyboard mouse combo. In which case anyone got some recommendations?

Thank you

I've tried it on different ports. I've not tried it on another machine. I'll try that tonight when I get home. Only other machine I have is a Macbook Air but that should be sufficient to test.

And I'm pretty sure I've got latest drivers and windows updates. But I will double check those also.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi Wolfish426,

You should be able to test for hardware faults on the Macbook Air when connected, but another method might be just to use a keyboard switch detector and test the failure rate out of x amount of trials.

If you require troubleshooting, file a support ticket with us and we'll take it from there.

Archived