Corsair Community

K90 Micmal's Picture Thread

Micmal

I was waiting for my new mouse (M90) before I take desk shots, but I'll make an exception :D:. It's the last thing to complete my 2011 build.

In case you're wondering about the desk lights, the desks are Vika Amon Glass from Ikea (discontinued) with blue LED strips from ebay.

Also here's the thread for my PC Build on OCForums:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570720

image001.thumb.jpg.ca79fc5d19a84768cc30e7c5c6bb27a7.jpg

image002.thumb.jpg.bd84abe6bf4aaddda36d45a0cfc4c48c.jpg

image003.thumb.jpg.f9813011fa4f306663eb8498a1f96cc4.jpg

image004.thumb.jpg.fc04706ee09fdbbc0d24dd02b385c739.jpg

image005.thumb.jpg.2520e83a2ff6f69047d9b449eef37281.jpg

No, I don't have black lights under the desk, however blue LEDs give off some UV, so it will make things glow a bit.

I got my K90 from Memoryexpress (Canadian retailer) they have stock on all 4 peripherals (K60, M60, K90, M90) in various Canadian cities. I don't think you can order online from the in-store stock though.

And yes I do play KF, it's my current favourite! As for the whole 'MMO' and 'FPS' keyboard stuff, I think it doesn't matter at all. Just get the one you like the most. I don't even play MMOs, and I bought the K90.

Thanks for posting up the pics along with your comments!

We have similar taste apparently! I bought the K90 and M90 as well, despite no longer being an active MMO player. I haven't received either yet but both were pre-ordered from NCIX Canada and I've got my fingers crossed that I'll receive them before Christmas. I have the same mouse pad as well. I also came close to buying that case when it first came out... I loved it, and still do. Went with a Corsair 500R just recently.

Even our office layout is similar in that I had the same desk with under-lighting (though I used the Ikea LED Dioder strips) until the glass cracked and I was unable to replace it. At the moment I am using an also-discontinued Ikea white wooden pattern kitchen counter top. I do seriously miss my LED lighting, and seeing your awesome pics makes me want to find a way to do it again. I was thinking of using Ikea closet/wardrobe doors with frosted glass, but they're somewhat narrow and thin. I'll think of something!

Cheers

It feels nice, all of my previous keyboards, have been membrane (dome) and scissor keys (laptops) so this is my first mechanical.

They feel harder than 40g though, but softer than my old keyboard.

How about general typing? Especially when you are dealing with Del/Home/End keys.

It feels strange when switching between two types of keys on one keyboard. I notice this a lot when using the macro keys. Not much while using page up/down though but its still a change.

I don't want to do a full review of the keyboard though since I don't feel that I'm qualified to do so. I have little experience with mechanical keyboards.

I will write a full review (with pictures) of the M90 when I get it today (in stock!) at Memory Express.

It feels strange when switching between two types of keys on one keyboard. I notice this a lot when using the macro keys. Not much while using page up/down though but its still a change.

I don't want to do a full review of the keyboard though since I don't feel that I'm qualified to do so. I have little experience with mechanical keyboards.

I will write a full review (with pictures) of the M90 when I get it today (in stock!) at Memory Express.

Thx for posting the pix of the keyboard :-)

This shows this keyboard dose indeed look very very nice.

But you have also confirmed that little nagging feeling in the back of my head the going from the cherry keys to the dome keys is just strange (and mabe off putting) ???

The hole point of a mechanical keyboard is to get away from Dome keys lol.

I play using arrow key and the number pad and page up/down/delete/end and so on.

do you think this would be off puting moving between the two ??.

Thx for posting the pix of the keyboard :-)

This shows this keyboard dose indeed look very very nice.

But you have also confirmed that little nagging feeling in the back of my head the going from the cherry keys to the dome keys is just strange (and mabe off putting) ???

The hole point of a mechanical keyboard is to get away from Dome keys lol.

I play using arrow key and the number pad and page up/down/delete/end and so on.

do you think this would be off puting moving between the two ??.

Yes it would be! Just today I did an Alt-Ctrl-Del...

It felt really bad since I was expecting the delete key to be soft in my head, but it wasn't.

If you really like the keyboard though, give it a try, you can always return it.

Yes it would be! Just today I did an Alt-Ctrl-Del...

It felt really bad since I was expecting the delete key to be soft in my head, but it wasn't.

If you really like the keyboard though, give it a try, you can always return it.

Thx micmal

This is a shame :[pouts:

At this cost i have had to go with the safe aproch and have changed my order to a MEKA G1 :D: full mechanical keyboard.

This was my backup to the K90.

Its a shame but need to go with funtion over looks.

But is corsair see the light and do a V2 full Mechanical i will be 1st in the Q:D:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same Table and the same LEDs as MICMAL and I have to admit the table looks as awesome in reality as on the pictures. I bought it almost for nothing from a second hand shop and turned into very cozy gaming corner.

I also noticed a little bit discomfort when switching from mechanical to dome switches I don't believe this decision was made on purpose and not because of costs. The felling is a little bit odd but nothing close to deal breaker. RED switches are really awesome and the whole keyboard looks just great. Even though you can see that they keyboard is a version 1.0 Corsair has done an awesome job.

I really trust this company.

Archived